PRS SE buzzing

spawn2031

Hey guys, I've been reading a ton of posts all over the internet on this and getting conflicting responses so I figured I'd go straight to the source. I have a Tremonti SE custom un modded. The bridge pickup has a bad electrical buzz that goes away when I touch the strings. The buzz also goes away if I switch the PUP selector to the middle or neck positions. To me this sounds like a bad ground somewhere.

I have this at a luthier right now getting it setup and asked him to take a look at it. He said that he couldn't "SEE" any issues with the ground wires, which I then asked him if he ran a continuity test on it all or just eyeballed it... he unfortunately said he eyeballed it.... *fp*. He is running the continuity tests now, lol. If he is correct though and everything checks out, where could this buzz be coming from and how can I fix it? My other passive pup guitars don't get anywhere near that kind of buzz.

Sounds like the best fix would be to take it to a different luthier....

Agreed, unfortunately I live in small town that is hours for any big city and there aren't too many around that I am aware of. Does good on setups but this is the first time I have asked him to do any wiring work. I most certainly won't be doing that in the future. From what I am describing though, this does sound like a grounding issue right?

Back