PRS SE 2 Mira

Weldaar

Can I get some info about this guitar? I am looking to trade my SG for one.

I can't find anything on an SE 2 Mira, but I am no expert. I think the Mira is only an S2. SE models are made in Korea or Indonesia. S2 models are made in Maryland.

I don't have a Mira, but I do have 2 other S2s. Awesome guitars. Other than the standard specs on a Mira, what specific information are you looking for. I am sure a forum member will gladly answer...BTW, welcome!

I don't have a Mira, but I do have 2 other S2s. Awesome guitars. Other than the standard specs on a Mira, what specific information are you looking for. I am sure a forum member will gladly answer...BTW, welcome!
Never played one. Not liking my SG because of the 24 frets. I think I’ll go for this trade

What neck profile do you have on your SG? The S2 Mira has many tonal similarities to an SG, but they are not one for one equal. I have both and although both can pretty much cover the same things, there are some tonal differences which you'll notice if you're actively trying to hear minutia. They are both killer guitars, though the Mira is way easier to get used to. It is extremely comfortable, easy to play and it is an absolute rock machine. The body on the Mira is slightly thicker, but not massively so. My S2 Mira is actually a bit lighter than my SG despite the slightly thicker body. It has a longer scale, 25" relative to the 24.75" on yours typical modern SG. The frets also feel a bit bigger on the Mira. Gibson tend to have smaller frets in general. An SG has all the access of the upper frets, but I that the Mira also gives you a tone of fret access. The Mira doesn't have some of the quirks of an SG, like for instance, it is more balanced without any neck dive whatsoever. Some people like those quirks as if makes you play differently and some will argue that it adds to the style one wishes to play. For instance, Tim Pierce who is a huge fan on PRS and I believe a PRS artist, will deliberately play a non-PRS guitar that forces him to fight the guitar a little bit to get a rawer tone. The Mira like, most PRSi, almost play itself, partially because of its comfort and ease to play. My SG has a slim tapered neck, which is noticeably thinner than the Pattern Regular on my Mira. However, I can switch back and forth between those guitars with virtually no adjustment period. Even though my favorite PRS neck is the Pattern, I believe the Pattern Regular is the Goldilocks neck, not too fat, not too slim, just right. It is an absolute joy to play. Also, the pickups on the Mira has one of the best tapped sound I've ever played. It is up there with Paul's Guitar and Custom 24-08 tapped sounds. Just beautiful, useful, organic, natural and musical tapped sound. I have many core PRS, but my Mira punches above its weight and is up there in terms of sound and comfort. In my opinion, it is one of the best PRS guitars, which I curious as PRS stopped making them for the 2019 lineup. My 2 cents, is go for is. If anything, if you don't like it, I bet there will be those to trade an SG for the Mira. If you do like it, but still want an SG, you can always get an SG as those are very unlikely to go out of production. Now, if you ask me if I could have only one, which one would I pick, I would start wondering why are you being so cruel, as I really enjoy having both.

Quite the bit of info brother. LOL My Sg has a skim neck which I am not crazy about. I prefer a thicker neck. My SG weighs barely 6 pounds, which is good as my main guitar is my LP which tips the scale at 10.

Weight was one of the reasons I got an SG in the first place. Some of my LPs, though not as heavy as yours, are heavy enough that my shoulder start fatiguing after playing for around two hours strait or more. My SG weighs 6 lbs 13.1 oz, while my Mira is my lightest electric guitar weighing at 6 lbs 7.7 oz. However, I've seen some weigh less than 6 lbs as well. Since you mentioned LPs, I'd say tonally the Mira sits between an SG and a LP. Chances are you'll like it a lot.

S2 mira owner , past the honeymoon phase , playability
, neck profile, weight , and body resonance are excellent, replaced the tuner buttons with . some
plastic buttons to help with slight neck dive, and swapped pickups, some duncans ,Very pleased , tonally not quite sg ,
and thats okay, dont understand why this guitar seems to fly under the radar,

I hear ya, Not crazy about the locking tuners and the pickups are suspect . Just got it so i am working on it's tone.

Back