PRS phase iii locking tuners stiffness

Walid Nagy

Hi,
Two of the tuners on my 594 are not quite stiff as the rest, no damage. I tightened all the bolts but still they seem lose or turn with no resistance.
Any advice on how to fix?
Thanks.
W.

Hi. When you remove the string from the guitar and operate the tuners do they feel any different?

No.
I reached out to PRS and they informed me to use a 0.9 allen key to loosen the two small screws on the collar, puch the collar toward the tuner base, lock them again and that should solve the issue.
I had to order a 0.9 mm wrench and ill see if thats solves the problem.

No.
I reached out to PRS and they informed me to use a 0.9 allen key to loosen the two small screws on the collar, puch the collar toward the tuner base, lock them again and that should solve the issue.
I had to order a 0.9 mm wrench and ill see if thats solves the problem.
That should do it. I had to do that on one of my 594s a couple of years ago.

PRS should take such small things into consideration. A 0.9 mm allen key costs nothing to include in the case. It took me two weeks to get to this solution, i though the tuners are faulty!

Anyone have any idea how hard phase iii tuners are to completely disassemble? I want to buy some to have replated black but never taken apart a tuning machine. They looks relatively straight forward from pics.

Back