Prog heads unite! Awesome band alert! Big Big Train

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
Maybe some of you guys already know about Big Big Train. I just became aware of them in the last few weeks.
Members include Nick D'Virgilio, former drummer/vocalist of Spock's Beard, who also was one of the two drummers on the last Genesis Album, also includes Dave Gregory, lead guitarist from XTC. The singer, David Longdon, was the runner up to replace Phil Collins in Genesis (they went with Ray Wilson instead).
Anyway, totally great group - here is the first live clip they have posted (although they have been making albums since the '90s):

Sorry, no PRS content, just great music.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump to post Big Big Train's latest live clip - They have a Blu Ray coming out in March 2016.
This tune is very reminiscent of early Genesis:

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Nick D'Virgilio live a few times back when he was playing with Mike Keneally. Monster drummer... loved his playing.

I saw Nick D'Virgilio live a few times back when he was playing with Mike Keneally. Monster drummer... loved his playing.

Holy cow - my introduction to NDV as well. Saw them in Kent, OH on the Dancing tour. I picked up NDV's solo album because I was so impressed with him.

Back