PRIVATE STOCK HAUL

I'm certainly not going to turn this in to a negative discussion. I'm not the least bit irritated as I've been at this for a while now and see this day in and day out. But to make a point...

We are all certainly entitled to our opinions and preferences. We obviously push the envelope and we know that some folks are in to the features of our guitars, and some folks aren't...and we are very much OK with that.
However, we are here to sell these instruments...its our livelihood. Negative opinions and comments directly on a dealers for sale post or thread only threaten to put a potential buyer in doubt. I'm not saying we are all that easily influenced by others comments...but we are definitely, to an extent, influenced by others comments. If you aren't the buyer, in my mind there is no reason to put a potential buyer in doubt about purchasing a dealers guitar.

If I walked in to a car dealership and a customer was talking to a salesman about a blue car and I walked up, unprovoked, and told them that this shade of Blue ruins the car and this is why...it would be kind of lame, yes?

When we delete negative comments on our posts on social media...its not because we disagree with you, its because you are (not on purpose) contributing to filling our buyers heads with doubt and potentially killing a sale for us.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words as aways folks!

I'm certainly not going to turn this in to a negative discussion. I'm not the least bit irritated as I've been at this for a while now and see this day in and day out. But to make a point...

We are all certainly entitled to our opinions and preferences. We obviously push the envelope and we know that some folks are in to the features of our guitars, and some folks aren't...and we are very much OK with that.
However, we are here to sell these instruments...its our livelihood. Negative opinions and comments directly on a dealers for sale post or thread only threaten to put a potential buyer in doubt. I'm not saying we are all that easily influenced by others comments...but we are definitely, to an extent, influenced by others comments. If you aren't the buyer, in my mind there is no reason to put a potential buyer in doubt about purchasing a dealers guitar.

If I walked in to a car dealership and a customer was talking to a salesman about a blue car and I walked up, unprovoked, and told them that this shade of Blue ruins the car and this is why...it would be kind of lame, yes?

When we delete negative comments on our posts on social media...its not because we disagree with you, its because you are (not on purpose) contributing to filling our buyers heads with doubt and potentially killing a sale for us.

We appreciate what you do Brian, you're full of class and your business deserves respect. You have to carefully and tactfully try to help us understand how casual comments, while understandable, can negatively impact your livelihood.

I don't have that problem. :D

Brian's post loosely translated:
I don't come into McDonald's and kick the broom out of your hand while you're working, please don't mess with me while I'm at my job.

As I said, I am sorry if my words has caused a lost sale but I didn't think this was a 'market-place' or your own personal shop. I didn't think that I was doing anything similar to walking up to a customer mid sale in your shop and putting a seed of doubt in their head. I thought this was a Forum and, if I was on a 'Ford' forum, discussing their high end cars, I wouldn't hesitate to say I dislike the colour scheme or some design detail that is a pet peeve of mine on their new Ford GT but I wouldn't go into a Ford Dealership, into their saleroom an walk up to a customer deliberating over the same Ford GT and say that I didn't like the Colour scheme. I also wouldn't come on to your website either and make 'comments' (if I could) that could or would be my own personal thoughts that may/may not affect your business. If I was on a Gibson or Fender Forum, I wouldn't hesitate to express my opinion on some crazy build or the 'ugly' (in my opinion) relic guitars that are coming out of those factories but I wouldn't walk into a retailers place of work and make comments to a complete stranger - but I certainly would if I was their with a friend and they were deliberating.

Believing this to be an open forum amongst fellow PRS owners and enthusiasts and as (I believed) there is no market place, no classified section to buy, sell or trade with other PRS owners and enthusiasts, I was under the impression that the 'Dealers' section was nothing more than a gallery of their builds, a way to show off what they have commissioned to be built - much in the same way others show off their New Guitar Day or Photo's of their wood choices and if anyone was interested, they could visit your store or website to enquire about purchasing. I could, and would say the same thing about the Back Plates in the Private Stock Friday section too - whether its a dealers build or personal build - because I thought, rightly or wrongly, that this was a 'forum' for discussion, for opinion etc and not necessarily for massaging ego's or affecting people's livelihoods and sales.

Again Sorry if what I said has had any negative impact on you or your business. It really wasn't my intention and certainly do not see it anywhere near the same as walking into your shop and commenting to a 'stranger' about my own pet peeve - but I would certainly make comment and wouldn't hesitate on voicing my opinion to a friend about it, certainly make it known that my own pet peeve prevents me from liking the guitar - as friends would do if they are accompanying a friend to a guitar shop on a purchasing mission. As a friend, I would say that the car they were looking to buy isn't the right shade of blue but I would not say that to a complete stranger and I would want that opinion from friends if I was the one purchasing. I still have the choice to accept their opinion but would still appreciate their honesty regardless. Point is, I thought I was amongst friends here, joined together with a united passion of PRS guitars, free to express our individual opinion whether we like or dislike certain models, builds or even colours.

I will in future refrain from visiting this area of the Forum and therefore will not be in the position to say something that could affect sales etc. Again I am sorry for misconstruing the purpose of this area of the forum. I never realised this was your shop.

@Mozzi Trust me, I get it. It’s a forum and a discussion place and i understand what you’re saying.

My post wasn’t directed at any one person. It was a general something to think about post.

I see where you’re coming from and I hope you see where I’m coming from as well.

Please visit my posts any time!

@Mozzi Trust me, I get it. It’s a forum and a discussion place and i understand what you’re saying.

My post wasn’t directed at any one person. It was a general something to think about post.

I see where you’re coming from and I hope you see where I’m coming from as well.

Please visit my posts any time!

Thank you

As I said I am truly sorry if my words have had any negative impact on you and your livelihood and believe me, I certainly wouldn't let my personal opinion affect someone's livelihood, their business unless I was with a friend and offering my opinion - as friends would do in that situation. As the official Forum Rules, the 4th rule in particular states, this is an information and communication site only and the rules also stated that items for sale should not be posted - and that, according to the forum rules applied to Dealers too. I know that that rule isn't strictly adhered to as I know the dealers are posting pictures of items that are or will be up for sale - once the 'woods' they have chosen and shown us end up as finished Guitars. So you can see, I was under the impression that any instrument, whether its posted here or in any other section, that we were able to comment, state our opinion in a polite and respectful manner, even if you were personally not 'keen' on a certain aspect.

I certainly do understand your perspective to and as such, I would have kept my opinion to myself if I was on your website, alone in your shop or believing that this section was a shop or a classifieds section. I am firm believer on that there is a 'right' and 'wrong' place to share your opinion and, if this was a guitar purchased by someone and was a NGD post, I would have said exactly the same thing to them.

Again I am truly sorry if this has had any impact at all on you or your livelihood and I look forward to seeing some more of your amazing builds. I will try in the future to not mention any of my 'pet peeves', keep my opinion to myself unless I like 'everything' about the choices you have made.

If there is a rule that dealers can't post I will be bummed. I look forward to seeing the new things first that may be soon hitting the market. Sometimes as the PRS "in the know crowd" we may lock in some gems before the general public walks in and buys or through the net. To me seeing these first is a bonus. Not getting into any politics or the rules here, I just feel it's not too cool to bash someone's ngd whether I like the build pieces/colors or not. Others here may have not liked things about dealer posts or ng day posts. However I think they may have just considered this place a little more special than some other sites so maybe there are not so many negative responses to any builds shown on this site. This is the first I can really remember. It's a little different mentioning on here reasons you may hate a guitar than one Sweetocean has on their site for instance, since it's free game at that point for all the general public.
And I don't know how everyone would feel if all those great ahead-of-time special build runs were not shown. Then only the locals walking into those particular stores would be exposed. It's a tough call but, as stated it's the internet.

If there is a rule that dealers can't post I will be bummed. I look forward to seeing the new things first that may be soon hitting the market. Sometimes as the PRS "in the know crowd" we may lock in some gems before the general public walks in and buys or through the net. To me seeing these first is a bonus. Not getting into any politics or the rules here, I just feel it's not too cool to bash someone's ngd whether I like the build pieces/colors or not. Others here may have not liked things about dealer posts or ng day posts. However I think they may have just considered this place a little more special than some other sites so maybe there are not so many negative responses to any builds shown on this site. This is the first I can really remember. It's a little different mentioning on here reasons you may hate a guitar than one Sweetocean has on their site for instance, since it's free game at that point for all the general public.
And I don't know how everyone would feel if all those great ahead-of-time special build runs were not shown. Then only the locals walking into those particular stores would be exposed. It's a tough call but, as stated it's the internet.

As far as I am concerned, I was just going by the Rules for the Forum and wasn't having a go at either the dealer for posting their Pics or having a go at them for their choice in particular. I was merely making a statement as to why I couldn't like the back as much as the stunning front. I would have NO issue with someone saying they like the top on my HBii but really don't like hollowbody guitars or standard F holes themselves. That's a fair comment and lets me know that their issue with the guitar is one 'more personal' rather than something that is 'fundamentally wrong' with the guitar or my choice. Its not like they are saying Hollowbodies are terrible instruments and/or I am a 'fool' for buying it - they are saying they have they have the issue and not the instrument itself.

Again, I wasn't trying to stir the pot here. In my head, I was following the rules and that if someone is posting a Picture on a Forum for 'information and communication' as per the rules, that opens it up for 'comment'. Again I never once said that the guitar was anything other than stunning. The Only thing that I said is that I personally have an issue with certain back plates - either those that are overly bright and patterned or ones that have a different and dark pattern to a very bright patterned top. Its like wearing a bright striped shirt with a contrasting paisley tie or vice versa - I don't care who that person is, if a photo of them appeared in a Forum, I would politely' state that I have an issue with their choice of clothing. The point is, I am not here to BS, not here to massage Ego's and certainly won't lie when I see something that is my own Pet peeve, something that clashes with me. As I clearly stated, I know that the 'issue' is purely mine because I see quite a few guitars coming out of PS with clashing back plates. Again its my issue, I take ownership of that and, as I have said, accept that others obviously want that, see that as a 'feature', but my issue does not.

I too wouldn't want the dealers not to show off their Guitars. There are some absolutely stunning instruments that we get to see a much closer look at than the glimpse we may catch in the Private Stock Friday. Its not as if many of us will get to see these in person and no doubt, these may inspire others too who are looking at what may be possible for their own PS build. If it also helps them get an 'earlier' sell to a member of the forum, even better - at least its going to an enthusiast. I also think though that if someone here were to see a guitar they wanted, it wouldn't matter what I think, I say, they would buy it. Its not like walking up to a someone that is obviously on the fence and a salesman has spent the past 30mins or more trying to tip them over and then I come along and start making comments so that the person starts having doubts. Something like this is likely to be something you love or hate and if a customer was that opposed, I am sure that the retailer would have the means to put it 'right', with a call and the right price - that being said, another Customer could see it as feature - different strokes.

Anyway, I have apologised if anyone has taken offence, anyone has been offended, anyone has been affected. I am also sorry if I misunderstood what this section of the forum is. I thought I was adhering to the rules and tried to make it perfectly clear that it was my issue and not the guitar or an attack on the vision of the person who commissioned that stunning instrument. I wasn't trying to cause any problems, I made, what I thought, was a fair comment and explained that it was my issue. As far as I am concerned, I thought that this was understood too by Brian as he has responded and 'appeared' to understand my perspective and, I also have a clearer understanding of their position too.

I certainly don't want this blown out of all proportion, don't want this to affect anyone inc ALL Dealers moving forward and would rather this thread and conversation returned back to the stunning instruments that Brian has kindly shared for us to see!

And back to more important matters...

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

My wife came in the office while I was reading this thread last night, and ogling that Dragon's Breath.

a) That is an incredible guitar. The colors, fingerboard, tuning knobs, etc. Outstanding job guys!
b) I am now forbidden from reading these threads anymore. :D

A question though: When I did my PS HBII build they said there wasn't a backplate, why does this one have one?
Well, I would think that she would be happy to find you drooling over guitars and not something else. We have parallel drooling sessions at our house; we sit together on the couch and she checks out shoes and bags while I...well, you know...What did that gentleman call it on another thread? PRS mezmerization syndrome.

Another great haul Brian! I don’t know how you keep coming up with new creative ideas...impressive.

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

I am still stunned at how beautiful that Dragon's Breath Hollowbody is. The fretboard and headstock too are stunning - especially in the sunlight shot...

Well, I would think that she would be happy to find you drooling over guitars and not something else. We have parallel drooling sessions at our house; we sit together on the couch and she checks out shoes and bags while I...well, you know...What did that gentleman call it on another thread? PRS mezmerization syndrome.

Heh, yes, that was a phrase I coined (I've got a serious case of it). My own story is that I told my wife that I'd not object to her getting a new flute if I could get the PRS SE Custom you see in the avatar. So she's currently going through professional (and expensive) flutes with the "joy of the shopper" gleaming in her eye. I've been making those sort of "look how beautiful this PRS is" comments along the way (see, Darling, look at the pretty birds), particularly in regards to that Charcoal Smokeburst one (@Brians) alluded to earlier.

I'd try the "well if your flute costs ... then" ploy, but she has a DMA and plays the flute professionally: I'm still at the 8-10 chord JustinGuitar White stage so I'm sort of SOL on that gambit! :-(

Last edited:
Anyway, I have apologised if anyone has taken offence, anyone has been offended, anyone has been affected. I am also sorry if I misunderstood what this section of the forum is. I thought I was adhering to the rules and tried to make it perfectly clear that it was my issue and not the guitar or an attack on the vision of the person who commissioned that stunning instrument. I wasn't trying to cause any problems, I made, what I thought, was a fair comment and explained that it was my issue. As far as I am concerned, I thought that this was understood too by Brian as he has responded and 'appeared' to understand my perspective and, I also have a clearer understanding of their position too.!

I know I should just let it die, but I just want to throw out one more thing: I am NOT one of those that was offended, or that I meant my post to be a recrimination or accusation. I was trying to give Brian support, while at the same time bluntly lightening the mood and drive home a point.
Mozzi: I hope I didn't come across as throwing you shade, I think it takes a big man to come clean like you did and I dig it.

Damn man, now you're posting pic in the SUNLIGHT?!?!? Have you no sense of decency man?!?!? As IF the colors needed to pop any more?!?!?

No, she knows me well enough that I know how lucky I am. Unfortunately, I'm a lucky with little to no impulse control when it comes to what I spend on guitars. :D

Back