Play-through demo of the Åkesson SE

Richard Lainegard

So, still waiting for the last two SE's for my mega-shootout video, so I recorded a quick play-through
video of the Fredrik Åkesson SE model. Real sleeper this guitar, fantastic for heavy rock, metal and just shred in general :wink:

EDIT: Ended up talking quite a bit in this video, so I would ask you to go watch this on YouTube so you get the clickable time stamps for the parts in case you don't want to suffer my "Swenglish" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Richard.
As someone else said in the ZM video thread, you should be doing demos for PRS.
Maybe even become a rep over there in Sweden to get the word out on PRS guitars there.

Really looking forward to that shoot out video you will be making later.

NICE! :congrats:
6:17 for Distortion, BTW! :wink:

What amp are you using? It sounds pretty good!

Now I really want one of these! Does anyone know how much thicker the body of the Akesson is compared to the 245?

Thx! Had to re-upload it, something had gone wrong and had f the distorted part was missing :)
Now it's complete.
The signal chain is as follows: Guitar -> JVM Satriani head Crunch channel, red "AFD" mode. Everything set pretty much straight up.
-> into Logic and cab IR's (a Mesa 4x12 with dual mics, Royer 121 and SM57).

Hi! I ask you some information about this guitar:
I understand, by internet searching, there is 2 version of this guitar: 1st with classic "SE" Knob and a 2nd, with "LP" like silver Knob, is correct?
standard -> http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8313/7968781152_b07bf2736e_z.jpg
silver -> http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionLarge/PRS/DV016_Jpg_Large_H75861.001_forntida_brun.jpg

Have both other kind of characteristics, like wood, scale length, pickups, tone (more bass or mids)?

Thanks a lot!

The pic from the GC website matches the PRS Product page pic. However, a brief Google search shows that there are a few Akessons out there, almost all at European/UK sites, that have the other knobs. The other possibility is that the pic you linked from Flickr is a modified guitar - someone put those other knobs on there due to personal preferences, perhaps. I am not aware of any changes to the production of the Akesson, so maybe the different knobs thing is a US vs. UK/Euro distributor thing.

Great demo
I have been wanting an Åkesson for a while, love the understated look and he is a monster player in one of my favourite bands as a bonus!

I had one for awhile. The couple that I tried and the one I picked all had brittle knobs...cracked and/or broken edges.
I replaced mine with some cool old amp knobs.
Very smooth, nice feeling guitar and I liked the design.
However it got traded in - traded up.
It's likely still available on gc used...

btw- really enjoy your videos Richard....thank you!!

yup...just checked....it's there waiting for a new home...

110251854_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Back