Paul Reed Smith 57/08 Wiring

which is a good Core Paul Reed Smith Alternative?

• Dean Hard Tail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cort Matt Murphy

• Ed Roman Quick Silver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DGT3089

Hi, I have a 57/08 Bridge pickup and am hoping someone here can Help me, The wires are Black, White, Red, and Bare/Ground.....What I am trying to do and am asking is if there is a way to wire this to a push/pull pot for Series/Parallel wiring?....and if so does anyone have a diagram for this or can tell me how to do this?....Thanks.

No one can help me?......I have emailed PRS guitars and they have not got back to me.....can someone tell me if this is even possible?

You can't do series/parallel without modifying the pickup. The red wire is the series link between the coils. You would have to do some surgery to add a separate wire, converting it from 3 conductor to 4 conductor.

I'm not a big enough fan of parallel wiring to hack into a 57/08. I find the PRS split with resistor wiring very effective.

You can't do series/parallel without modifying the pickup. The red wire is the series link between the coils. You would have to do some surgery to add a separate wire, converting it from 3 conductor to 4 conductor.

I'm not a big enough fan of parallel wiring to hack into a 57/08. I find the PRS split with resistor wiring very effective.

@garrett did you use the standard 1.1k / 2.2k resistors for the 57/08? It appears the neck and bridge output are much closer than other pickups, so IDK if it makes sense to use more balanced resistors or not. Just looking for confirmation the 1.1 / 2.2 sounds good or doesn’t.

Thanks,
Joe

Back