Pattern thin vs wide thin

robert pagliuca

im looking to invest in a private stock guitar. I own a 2010 custom 24 that I believe has a pattern thin neck and I own a 2000 standard 22 that has a similar neck. I own a few other PRS guitars that all have fatter necks. I find myself playing the standard the most due to the neck profile.. I’m thinking it is a wide/ thin neck but not sure. Does anyone know the difference between the two patterns?

I would almost choose to call customer service with the SN of the guitar you prefer just to be sure of its neck shape. That way you will be certain of the shape you like and can specify it for future orders.

im looking to invest in a private stock guitar. I own a 2010 custom 24 that I believe has a pattern thin neck and I own a 2000 standard 22 that has a similar neck. I own a few other PRS guitars that all have fatter necks. I find myself playing the standard the most due to the neck profile.. I’m thinking it is a wide/ thin neck but not sure. Does anyone know the difference between the two patterns?

If you’re question is: what is the difference between pattern thin and wide thin, they are supposed to be the same dimensions, unless someone knows of subtle differences in the shoulders or shape of the carve. You will also notice this from the info already posted above. If you had a different question, I’m sorry I missed it (currently distracted by Olympic replays, waiting for them to change the biathlon to a triathlon and add Alpine Downhill Guitar Solo). :)

If you’re question is: what is the difference between pattern thin and wide thin, they are supposed to be the same dimensions, unless someone knows of subtle differences in the shoulders or shape of the carve. You will also notice this from the info already posted above. If you had a different question, I’m sorry I missed it (currently distracted by Olympic replays, waiting for them to change the biathlon to a triathlon and add Alpine Downhill Guitar Solo). :)

Lol. Alpine Downhill Guitar Solo. Can you imagine how long winded John Mayer would be in his post-event interview? They'd have to cut to the next event. Folks would be walking up to the podium and he'd still be talking...

:cool:

Good points about the shoulders and shape. Its the shoulders that always get me in trouble on PRS guitars. Dimensions could be identical but too much or too little shoulder will just kill my hand. I've got to stick with good ole Standard/Regular, Pattern, and Pattern Regular profiles from here on out. Sucks because that means no SE's for me unless I pay extra to reshape the necks.

Back