Paint Repair - Frost Green Metallic SE Starla

joeesta

First of all, check out this beautiful guitar. I love it. The bad news is there is a big chip on the headstock that came from transport as the gig bag isn't well padded on the top. Ouch.

Is there a way to find touch up paint (or a very close match)?

Is the paint "GM WA222L Frost Green Metallic"? I found this online - https://repaintsupply.com/gm-wa222l-frost-green-metallic/

Where should I look to find the right paint?

Any advice on how to fix this? Technique, prep, etc?
FLHtVQK.jpeg

JspUNXB.jpeg

Maybe some place that mixes paint for automotive paints. You could take the guitar in and they may able to match it. The bad part is going to be that you will probably have to buy a quart of the paint and if you are not experienced with automotive painting this could end up being difficult and expensive.

I'm definitely open to taking it wherever there is a good selection of nail polish.

I was really hoping to find "the" color.

There is a GM paint code for Frost Green Metallic that looks similar on the screen- hopefully there is an easy (and cheap) way to find out. If it was a USA made guitar I'd probably be more open to spending more to find out.

I'm definitely open to taking it wherever there is a good selection of nail polish.

I was really hoping to find "the" color.

There is a GM paint code for Frost Green Metallic that looks similar on the screen- hopefully there is an easy (and cheap) way to find out. If it was a USA made guitar I'd probably be more open to spending more to find out.
If it is a GM color you may be able to get touchup paint with the code.

If it is a GM color you may be able to get touchup paint with the code.
I contacted PRS support and just heard back. They only said that they don't supply paint and to go to a hobby or automotive supplier (not that I asked for the actual paint, just the color).

I think the code is:

GM WA222L, Frost Green Metallic​

But I don't think I'll be able to reach anyone at PRS who will confirm this. I guess my option is to just buy & try...?

Take it to an auto body paint supply shop and ask them to make you a pint or a touch-up kit. It will be a base color plus a clear coat, that is part of the challenge of touching up a metallic finish.

Back