Opinions Martin "D35 Seth Avett" Custom Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanwaston

Hi everyone, ok will try to make it short and simple [emoji846] this morning I went to my local shop having in mind and ready to buy a Martin D-42! I know they are great and have a fantastic tone!

BUT then the seller showed me a D35 Seth Avett Signature model and I couldn’t believe how nice and comfortable the guitar is! I love that it has 1 3/4″ nut width compared to the d-42 that has 1 11/16, I find the 1 3/4″ more comfortable to play and the neck in the d35 Seth Avett has the performance artist taper which is great!

Where I’m concerned is: I’m actually not a big fan of Seth Avett and therefore I find it a bit silly to buy his signature model, or i am been silly with this?

Also, has any of you played this model? How do you like it?

The tone on the D-42 has an incredible tone, is outstanding but the d35 Seth Avett has a good tone and plays very comfortable.

Thank you all for your options and/or experiences with the D35 Seth Avett

I think the consensus in this forum will be to look for a PRS acoustic!
I haven't tried the model you're talking about, but I had an OM-28 for years, and never bonded deeply with it. I ended up selling it to fund my P-22.
Sadly, I don't yet have a PRS acoustic, but I have a couple old beauties from the '70s by lesser known companies that serve me pretty well.

Where I’m concerned is: I’m actually not a big fan of Seth Avett and therefore I find it a bit silly to buy his signature model, or i am been silly with this?

Bear with me on this - it's going to sound insulting at first and it's not meant to be.

You're being silly about this.

If the guitar is comfortable and fun to play, and if it sounds good, who cares whose name is on it? Not everyone who plays a Les Paul is a fan of Les Paul's music. I'd venture to say a large number of those people have never heard Les Paul's music. (I just took a look at the guitar online - from what I see, the most prominent visual clue that it's a special model is the fingerboard inlay. Assuming you play it out, 98% of the people who see it will have no idea it's a Seth Avett.)

If the guitar makes you happy, you'll be more likely to play it, and that's the important part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back