NPUD

Iceman101

There's always room for one more.....
I thought I'd share this with you.
When I bought this one I felt it needed some retro-style PU's. Filterton-ish. The SE245 are fine but they are not what I was looking for in this guitar. I was thinking more along the lines of Rick/Gretsch, Problem was I would have to do the soldering myself. And I am no pro at this. So no four conductor wires if possible and not too expensive in case I'd mess things up. SD Psyclones fell by the wayside for that matter, TV Jones same difference. By chance I came across the Rosswell brand. Never heard of them but they are made in Korea by Woo Sung Chorus Company. They claim to make oem PU's for several brands. I don't know which brand except for Harley B. :)eek:yeah I know). But on the upside , there are loads of youtube vids with Harley B's Cabronita copy's sporting this PU's. And to be fair they came close to what I was looking for. Long story short I ordered the PU's (Alnico II version) for approx 80 Dollars. Did the soldering, didn't mess anything up and best of all, soundwise they don't dissapoint. There's a certain jangle and hollowness that I think this guitar has to have. II think these guitars should have had similar PU's from the get go. And as a bonus they look cool imho.:cool:
pZ047UM.jpg

I thought I'd share this with you.
When I bought this one I felt it needed some retro-style PU's. Filterton-ish. The SE245 are fine but they are not what I was looking for in this guitar. I was thinking more along the lines of Rick/Gretsch, Problem was I would have to do the soldering myself. And I am no pro at this. So no four conductor wires if possible and not too expensive in case I'd mess things up. SD Psyclones fell by the wayside for that matter, TV Jones same difference. By chance I came across the Rosswell brand. Never heard of them but they are made in Korea by Woo Sung Chorus Company. They claim to make oem PU's for several brands. I don't know which brand except for Harley B. :)eek:yeah I know). But on the upside , there are loads of youtube vids with Harley B's Cabronita copy's sporting this PU's. And to be fair they came close to what I was looking for. Long story short I ordered the PU's (Alnico II version) for approx 80 Dollars. Did the soldering, didn't mess anything up and best of all, soundwise they don't dissapoint. There's a certain jangle and hollowness that I think this guitar has to have. II think these guitars should have had similar PU's from the get go. And as a bonus they look cool imho.:cool:
pZ047UM.jpg

That looks fabulous! Is it stock aside from the pickups?

Back