NGD

László

Too Many Notes
If there's anything I hate doing, it's having to replace something I only care about when it stops working. In the last two years, new roof, new paint, new A/C, new faucets, new hot water heater, new windows, new ovens, and today?

New Garbage Disposal. :rolleyes:

Thought this was gonna be something fun, like New Guitar Day, didn't ya?

Au contraire, this thread is mere click bait. But thankfully, installing it was a lot easier than the one I installed at my old house:

I paid someone else to do it.

That was cruel and unusual punishment, Les.

Your appliances shouldn't treat you that way. 😄 I'm afraid I'm about to go through the waterfall of household failures myself. Dishwasher is on it's last legs, and yesterday the water supply line to the fridge started leaking...from somewhere inside the unit. 😕

I bought and installed my own disposal when I had the kitchen remodeled. I did the plumbing part myself. I paid the little bit of extra money and bought the disposal with the stainless steel internal parts. They really are worth the extra money. Down here there are people with seasonal homes and sometimes the disposals will freeze up due to rusting inside.

I had to do the roof 2 years ago. The house needs paint right now and I am expecting to have to replace the central air sometime in the near future.

If there's anything I hate doing, it's having to replace something I only care about when it stops working. In the last two years, new roof, new paint, new A/C, new faucets, new hot water heater, new windows, new ovens, and today?

New Garbage Disposal. :rolleyes:

Thought this was gonna be something fun, like New Guitar Day, didn't ya?

Au contraire, this thread is mere click bait. But thankfully, installing it was a lot easier than the one I installed at my old house:

I paid someone else to do it.

Small world! We just had to get ours replaced a couple weeks ago as well. Which wasn’t so bad… except for the part where we had them disconnect the sink and toilet in our guest bath so I could start remodeling it (water damage). So, I’m a night time drywaller now!

We’ve had to replace a ton of appliances at our house in the past couple years, too… dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, water softener, ugh. I’m sure my wife would’ve let me get a private stock with that money.

Amen .. it seems like it all goes just when a great new instrument becomes available .. the list is to do list is long this year .dishwasher , dryer , new floors . interior paint .. and finish landscaping the back yard... I'm tired just thinking about it .. argh .. Hey I'll just put my pennies away for a 40th Anni something special , I trust they will not disappoint.. and it'll be my 70th ..

Small world! We just had to get ours replaced a couple weeks ago as well. Which wasn’t so bad… except for the part where we had them disconnect the sink and toilet in our guest bath so I could start remodeling it (water damage). So, I’m a night time drywaller now!

We’ve had to replace a ton of appliances at our house in the past couple years, too… dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, water softener, ugh. I’m sure my wife would’ve let me get a private stock with that money.
I bought all new appliances for my kitchen in 2015. Since I was stupid and bought Samsung appliances we have been dealing with issues with almost all of them and may need to replace them in the near future. I don't think I have ever had to buy a new appliance more than once living in any house, ever, until now. My advice, stay away from Samsung for appliances. I am good with there TVs and Phones but they suck at kitchen appliances.

Back