NGD - 2021 Trampas Green McCarty 594 SC

xxxadixxx

Yesterday was an exciting day for me. My new 2021 McCarty 594 SC arrived. I have been drooling over PRS guitars for 25+ years and even gave up guitar several years ago as other life activities took priority. In October, I took the plunge and purchased a 2018 McCarty 594 to inspire me to get back into playing and instantly fell in love with the feel of that guitar. The tone and feel of the 594 is amazing and fully hits all of the styles I enjoy (Bad Religion, Black Sabbath, Parkway Drive, Deftones, Metallica, Mastadon, etc.). As I needed at least 3 different tunings, naturally it meant I needed at least 3 different guitars, much to my wife's dismay. Over the past few months I augmented my 2018 594 with 2 ESP LTD EC-1000's which are fantastic guitars. The LTD are well made and the Seymour Duncan pickups were adequate for my needs, but I kept coming back to the PRS as my favorite.

I have been looking at Singlecuts for several months. Something about the charcoal and trampas green tops really catch my eye and I love the natural backs. I missed out on a charcoal SC 594 a few months ago and one particular trampas green 594 SC kept sitting in the back of my mind. Last week, I was on the fence about a regular McCarty or the 594 SC and several people on this forum helped push me over the edge, so I took the plunge on the 594SC I have been watching for several months.

It is a new 2021 which has been sitting in a store for a few months. It arrived yesterday in pristine condition and it is hard to put it down. There are a few changes from the 2018, which I still need time to get used to (bridge and tuners, mainly). The added weight and thickness of the SC feel great to me. I play through a Peavey 6505+ and there is just a hint of thicker tone with this new one which sounds great. This top blows my mind with the different shades of green and even a little hint of the natural maple where the light catches it. I love the non-uniform fingerboard color as well. For now, it will likely live in D-standard though dropped-C may be in its future if I can get myself over the hump of filing the nut. I appreciate all of the advice I gleaned from this forum. Its a great group of people!
51963183132_7d51ed3cdd_b.jpg
51964741085_334a80b906_b.jpg
51964185996_25cfe72c15_b.jpg
51964741545_46fabd4c8c_b.jpg
51964741355_08700d956d_b.jpg

Great score!

I love the way Trampas Green looks with the natural back, very classy - and great that it’s the stock finish option. I had to go Artist Pack to get a natural back on my charcoal 594, but it looks a whole lot sexier than flat black.

Bet that thing will be a beast tuned down!

Back