New to PRS and Board. Need info on Mira LTD purchase

acsd125

Greetings from the Carolina's. I bought a 2010 Mira LTD last month and have been trying to find out all the info i can on it. From the info i have found online,only 50 was made but i havnt seen any in the color I have . Mine is SOLID red not transparent with matching santana headstock and moons. came with case hang tag and case candy. Wonderful guitar indeed ! I was very surprised after strumming the guitar unplugged and noticing the solid rich acoustic tone of the guitar and went ahead and bought it on the spot.Better build quality than the Les Paul I had and better playing as well. If any of you guys or gals have any info on these limited santana headstock Miras, do chime in. Thanks

Welcome aboard!

The fastest way to get these guys to answer is with pics... They're like cats and bags... can't resist.

Greetings from the Carolina's. I bought a 2010 Mira LTD last month and have been trying to find out all the info i can on it. From the info i have found online,only 50 was made but i havnt seen any in the color I have . Mine is SOLID red not transparent with matching santana headstock and moons. came with case hang tag and case candy. Wonderful guitar indeed ! I was very surprised after strumming the guitar unplugged and noticing the solid rich acoustic tone of the guitar and went ahead and bought it on the spot.Better build quality than the Les Paul I had and better playing as well. If any of you guys or gals have any info on these limited santana headstock Miras, do chime in. Thanks

here are some pics from my phone.

That rocks! I've never seen a solid color Mira either. Too cool. I love the headstock.

Have you run the MODCAT through the decoder? If not, try it. I'm sure someone on here has more info, too.

Welcome aboard!

I could be wrong, but way back in the nether reaches of my brain, back amongst the cobwebs and dust, I seem to recall something about these, that they were regular ol' Miras with the Santana headstock. There wasn't anything else about them that was different. I could be wrong. It's dark back there, and the cobwebs are thick. I think I might have seen a black widow hanging around and it gave me the heeby jeebies.

Yeah, Im pretty sure you are right. The hangtag specs are stock mira. Its just the solid red color opposed to the transparant which i havnt seen on any other red miras and of course the santana head. Wonderful playing instrument,I dont know why i havnt tried one before now.

I had one. I believe mine was a VINTAGE MAHOGANY color. I think there were three stains. Vintage Cherry, Vintage Mahogany and one other color. Is it possible that yours was a refin??? I loved mine. Super light and AWESOME neck. It definitely needed a pickup change though.

Wasn't there a small run for a guitar show that had three opaque colors?

For a Guitar show in Texas, I think??? Every once in a while they show up for sale...GC's, etc...reasonably inexpensive.
HOWEVER...I don't rememebr the Santana style headstock on any of them???

as fate would have it, I just happened to find this one in a pawn shop near Fort Bragg. Im pretty sure this belonged to a soldier that got shipped out or may have just needed some cash. I think you are right on with thinking the Dallas Guitar Show. according to PRS website the LTDs with the santana headstocks started shipping in FEB 2010. This very well may be a one of a kind, I sure havnt seen any more in this color.

I email PRS and they helped out a bi. here is a copy of heir reply

[FONT=&quot]Hi Sanford,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. This does appear to be a 2010 Mira Ltd, mahogany neck with a regular carve, East Indian rosewood fretboard with Mira pickups. It has a custom color which is probably why you have not been able to find a match of this finish. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matt King[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paul Reed Smith Guitars[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Customer Service[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]380 Log Canoe Circle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stevensville, MD 21666[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]410-643-9970[/FONT]

I like it - nice catch. The only other mahogany solid colors I remember were a limited edition in white and gold and I think maybe solid black (plus some orange / greens for the show mentioned above, but I think those were basswood bodied, I believe).

No, I actually dont use the cab anymore that much. im running a boogie triaxis/412 rig and fender concert 112 with a bogner red in front mostly

Back