New pickups in my HBII/Piezo

I thought I had read here that other pickups might be out of phase with the piezo and that you needed to reverse the leads in order to have them work properly when blended with the piezo.

I thought I had read here that other pickups might be out of phase with the piezo and that you needed to reverse the leads in order to have them work properly when blended with the piezo.
I think you're right.... I sort of remember something about flipping a magnet around in the bridge pup. Currently everything sounds great but now I want to know. When I get a chance I'll search the forum for the info or maybe someone else will chime in with the answers.

Thanks @Andrew Paul, very helpful. No issues with phase and the interaction of the new pickups with the piezo?
Here’s the link to a thread on the forum regarding same. I will be replying to that thread, bringing it back to life and I will include an audio file on SoundCloud by the end of the day, showing that my piezo blend works fine with the Fralin pickups.

Link: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/replacing-pickups-in-a-piezo-prs.21490/

In the thread, it looks like forum member Stoopalini had success installing Fralin pickups in his HBII/Piezo. I really don’t know how to measure magnet polarity in the pickups. I’m sure it’s not that hard, but if I have to take them out, I’m not going to bother.

Apparently I got lucky not interfering with piezo using Fralin pickups. I bought two Conductor braided Gibson style type. Not three or four wire version for coil tabs.

Back