New Bridge Studs and pickups for Custom 22 2007

Popolloh

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the forum. I recently bought a Custom 22 2007. It feels like a dream but the pickus are not of my particular liking. they are the dragon II and seem very dark and not chimey. I play through a Vox AC30 HW with greenbacks. Anyone uses Vox amps with their PRS? I am thinking of throwing some Burstbuckers in the 22 to get more chime that the lower output pickups have. Also I think they are brighter and possibly a better fit for my taste. Apart from that, the previous owner of the 22 dented the studs of the bridge horribly. I am looking for a replacement of the studs only since i LOVE! the bridge and all though many people say it throws intonation off if you change to heavier gauges, I have it set with .11s and it plays very well and stays intonated. The stud change is only a cosmetic thing. I am also wondering what is a good product to get the nickel hardware back to its original shine since it has faded in certain spots due to use.
Thanks,
Edgar

Hi Chitarrista, thanks for the reply. On the prs replacement parts they only have the whole bridge. I haven't been able to find just the studs. About the pickups I think you are right. thanks...

Back