New appreciation for the Tremonti's versatility - How has it changed over time?

xxxadixxx

Honestly, I knew very little about Mark Tremonti, other than a passing recollection of his former band, Creed, before 2021. The super hot (relative to PAF) pick-ups and single cut shape drew me in to the PRS Tremonti. The first one arrived in July 2022 for Drop-C tunes. The guitar paired with a high gain amp made a perfect match for much of my favorite music (Mastadon, Deftones, Hatebreed, Metallica, etc.). There was something missing when I attempted to do more "subtle" music (Bad Religion or Black Sabbath) where I would lose definition with fuller chords.

I realize I am not the most technical guitarist nor do I spend a lot of time chasing tone. I grew up playing Jacksons, Ibanez, and BC Rich's through solid state amps. Controls on the guitar were an afterthought and never used, which is why it took me so long to find the now obvious answer.... roll back the volume knob a bit. It makes it an entirely different guitar! I can use the same basic setup, (modeled) boosted SLO-100 or 5150 and simply make the adjustments at the guitar.

Now that the embarrassing part is out of the way, I am interested in learning how the Tremonti model changed over time and if there are any major differences with the SE version. I see some of the older Tremonti's with "Tremonti" as a 12th inlay. Is that the only major change over the years or have the pick-ups and neck also evolved?

My 2022 Tremontis: Grey Black Tremelo + Purple Iris Stoptail + Charcoal Stoptail
53027788419_f141ea055a_z.jpg

I just leave it at this thread too =)

As I know pickups were changed 3 times - first edition with stoptail has "dragon 2000" in neck, and "tremonti" in bridge, later ( i think since 2008 or so) it had other pickups and neck pickup sounds very close to 57/08 for my ear. Then after 2012 pickups was reimangened and even looks like another pickups. And after 2021 all tremonti got nitro over poly lacquer which helps to wood sounds more "open". Of course First edition was with 12th fret "Mark Tremonti" and adjustable stoptail bridge, others - usually tremolo. Tremolo also was changed 3 times , GEN I, GEN 2 and GEN 3. Same about tuners - wings at first edition, phase II locking (closed) then, and new "open back" phase III locking tuners. So difference is HUGE! 2022 and later - are the best, but i also like 2010 and near - as it's "that" sound of AB "Blackbird" and ABIII

Honestly, I knew very little about Mark Tremonti, other than a passing recollection of his former band, Creed, before 2021. The super hot (relative to PAF) pick-ups and single cut shape drew me in to the PRS Tremonti. The first one arrived in July 2022 for Drop-C tunes. The guitar paired with a high gain amp made a perfect match for much of my favorite music (Mastadon, Deftones, Hatebreed, Metallica, etc.). There was something missing when I attempted to do more "subtle" music (Bad Religion or Black Sabbath) where I would lose definition with fuller chords.

I realize I am not the most technical guitarist nor do I spend a lot of time chasing tone. I grew up playing Jacksons, Ibanez, and BC Rich's through solid state amps. Controls on the guitar were an afterthought and never used, which is why it took me so long to find the now obvious answer.... roll back the volume knob a bit. It makes it an entirely different guitar! I can use the same basic setup, (modeled) boosted SLO-100 or 5150 and simply make the adjustments at the guitar.

Now that the embarrassing part is out of the way, I am interested in learning how the Tremonti model changed over time and if there are any major differences with the SE version. I see some of the older Tremonti's with "Tremonti" as a 12th inlay. Is that the only major change over the years or have the pick-ups and neck also evolved?

My 2022 Tremontis: Grey Black Tremelo + Purple Iris Stoptail + Charcoal Stoptail
53027788419_f141ea055a_z.jpg
Bro, that Purple Iris is LEGIT! Hmu if you’re ever looking to ditch. Is it a 10?

Back