New Ad Track, Ford F-150

László

Too Many Notes
Finished this long form project for Ford F-150 up a week or so back. Now that it's posted on Ford's site I can link it.

My clients wanted a very, very simple track, something unexpected instead of a big, typical truck ad. Somehow this track won the gig (it was a competitive demo); dead-simple sometimes just works. It's more about texture and tone.

The guitar is the McCarty Trem I got last Fall from Mr. J. Gretz. Amps are the HXDA and a Mesa Fillmore.

Last edited:
Well done, Les! I wish the guy would shut up!

Thanks! I think that without the VO the track would be repetitive. I had to fight my own natural inclination, which would be to make things complicated.

But I think the clients made the right call with the creative direction they gave. It's an effective ad.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! I think the VO may have been done by one of the engineers who designed the machine. I like the laid back feel it has, too.

Hey, very impressive, Les! We're very proud of you!

Now, you could clamp your amp to the tailgate, power up, and rock out almost anywhere! If you would have them insert that in the script, they'd be selling to more guitarists! And you (or Alter-Les) could've been used to demo it!

Thanks, all!

Hey, very impressive, Les! We're very proud of you!

Now, you could clamp your amp to the tailgate, power up, and rock out almost anywhere! If you would have them insert that in the script, they'd be selling to more guitarists! And you (or Alter-Les) could've been used to demo it!

You know, the idea of plugging an amp in is pretty awesome!

Get everyone in the band one, and just have the drummer park far enough away...

Back