NDG McCarty Rosewood Neck Soapbar 10-Top Rasberry

Thanks all, I really can't believe I got it .. from the seller: Yes, you're going to love this beauty; I was ambivalent about letting it go but since you're a fan, I'm sure you'll take care of such a beautiful instrument.

like Joni sang .. oh it only goes to show,you don't know what you got til it's gone.... now it's Cry all night now your McSoapy is gone ..

she'll be here Wednesday by gig time ( per UPS ) now that should make for a fun evening

Last edited:
Woohoo only 1 more day to wait . I checked this morning for grins and giggles ,of the 20,146 PRS's listed on reverb .. only 8 have all rosewood necks .. only 3 with soapbars . This one was just listed ... and yeah it's on the watch list .... Artist 594 with ebony FB
nezje9gmjs5nfpexcsm7.jpg

I'd been looking for a rosewood neck Santana , but as the Westie has a beautiful figured Sapele neck and BRZ fb I was good there .. although I still look .
So now I have a pretty good gamut of PRS necks : Mahogany / Ebony , Mahogany / Rosewood , Mahogany /BRZ Rosewood, Flame Maple , ALL Pernambuco , Quilted Sapele/BRZ Rosewood and now all Rosewood .

I have built Walnut / Ebony s, Maple /Ebony, Paduak/Ebony,Myrtle /Ebony , all Flame and all Birdesye Maple as well ... As a Luthier I'm fascinated with all the permutations and thier effects on tone and playability...

UPS says she's in Knoxville tonight ( must be a stopover for "Southern Fumigation " soakin in some good whiskey before she arrives home from NY tommorow lol ) . She'll have her Debut in the ATL tommorow night!

It's ironic , I'm sitting in with a killer old school blues band next month named Red Sugar .. this guitar will be perfect , the lead singers hair matches the guitar spot on !

Last edited:
I'll be curious what you think of the rosewood neck compared to the others you have. My favorite PRS guitars have rosewood necks and the feel is off the charts. Not everyone loves the sound but I've got no complaints at all. The original McCarty is a modern classic in all it's iterations. Enjoy!

Woohoo she's here safe and sound ... and what a sound .. VERY much a McSoapy but with an extra airy chime to it . I'd heard reports that the later soapies pickups were not as hot , these sound the same as my original 01. As far as the neck goes .. I'm SOLD .. best neck ever.

the whole guitar is flawless , not a scratch , nick or swirl anywhere ... and 19 years old .. MANY thanks to the former owner . The color is very similar to my Cherry Westie,but definetly has a rasberry hue. She did well at the gig.

Last edited:
Woohoo she's here safe and sound ... and what a sound .. VERY much a McSoapy but with an extra airy chime to it . It is flawless , not a scratch , nick or swirl anywhere ... and 19 years old .. MANY thanks to the former owner . The color is very similar to my Cherry Westie.
Always great to put to bed the worries about delivery! Congrats again on a spectacular score!!

As much as I love ALL my other guitars , there is just something exceptionally magic about soapbars. I now have 7 guitars and 2 basses with them. A couple of friends that are fence sitters on that PAF border are slowing understanding why .

I'm going to make the McSoapy's my gig guitars for the forseeable future to help convert the unititated masses .

And it came to be in the days of old when Paul said " Let there be Soapbars" and a great light shone from the heavens .....and maybe ...someday (40th Anni ? HINT , HINT) they will return ..Carlos started out on a P90 SG .. oh to have a Santana Soapbar with a rosewood neck ...!
kdpn2jnbyrmocgigdpie.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I love ALL my other guitars , there is just something exceptionally magic about soapbars. I now have 7 guitars and 2 basses with them. A couple of friends that are fence sitters on that PAF border are slowing understanding why .

I'm going to make the McSoapy's my gig guitars for the forseeable future to help convert the unititated masses .

And it came to be in the days of old when Paul said " Let there be Soapbars" and a great light shone from the heavens .....and maybe ...someday (40th Anni ? HINT , HINT) they will return
kdpn2jnbyrmocgigdpie.jpg
If not too far off topic here...
What bass guitars do you have that have soapies in them?
Or are these ones you crafted yourself?
Very interested!

Back