NDG McCarty Rosewood Neck Soapbar 10-Top Rasberry

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
I was out looking for my best friend as he loves my McSoapy .. and I've been searching for a rosewood neck guitar for a LONG time .. then I saw this one ... , I thought for a moment ... Have you ever seen one with a RW neck ? .. Anyone else seen one ?

Ain't she pretty ... and affordable($3100) the only thing I find a bit strange was the line in the description " Two controls (volume, tone) plus three-way toggle pickup selector; push-pull tone control operates coil tap"

Coil tap a single coil ... what sort of magic is this ! .. I suspect it's a mis print .. but I snagged it anyway . I wonder if they will be as hot as my other one ?
pwd7yaszkdiw4trsk2k2.jpg
jiiifq8qyl1s6ddlv1ye.jpg

Last edited:
I was out looking for my best friend as he loves my McSoapy .. and I've been searching for a rosewood neck guitar for a LONG time .. then I saw this one ... , I thought for a moment ... Have you ever seen one with a RW neck ? .. Ain't she pretty ... and affordable .. the only thing I find a bit strange was the line in the description " Two controls (volume, tone) plus three-way toggle pickup selector; push-pull tone control operates coil tap"

My PRS / Duncans certainly don't have a tap .. I suspect it's a mis print .. but I snagged it anyway .
pwd7yaszkdiw4trsk2k2.jpg
jiiifq8qyl1s6ddlv1ye.jpg
A damn fine snag at that!!!

Gorgeous!

In 2006 I snagged the NAMM show McSoapy, and it had a rosewood neck.

If memory serves, it was an Artist Pack model with a Vintage Amber Burst wrap finish and gold hardware (which looked really good with that finish).

I can't find any pictures of it, unfortunately. Fantastic guitar, though. I sold it in a moment of weakness.

My other McSoapy was my 1st PRS and still one of my favorite instruments
mymccartysoapbar2500.thumb.jpg.2cc7dc138fbe4b61dd697d6b6b45a3b3.jpg

I've only played one rosewood neck guitar and it rang like a bell . REALLY looking forward to this one . The Rasberry is a nice compliment to my Cherry Westie and those 3 will probably be my most played

Last edited:
Back