Natural Curly Maple Fetish

Valve seals could be done as they must've gotten a little brittle from sitting so much....getting a little smoke out of my exhaust. But, I keep an eye on the oil and just ride it as of now....lol....I'm sure I will get around to it....one day :-D

Yeah, if you're still getting smoke after that many miles you're probably right.

Have you picked up the Service and Parts Manuals? I think they're both invaluable tools for working on your own bikes. The Service manual will lead you through just about any job you want to do on the bike, but the pictures and nomenclature can be lacking. The Parts Manual has exploded views w/parts numbers and nomenclature very well spelled out. With both of those I did most of the mods on my Fatboy myself.

Yeah, if you're still getting smoke after that many miles you're probably right.

Have you picked up the Service and Parts Manuals? I think they're both invaluable tools for working on your own bikes. The Service manual will lead you through just about any job you want to do on the bike, but the pictures and nomenclature can be lacking. The Parts Manual has exploded views w/parts numbers and nomenclature very well spelled out. With both of those I did most of the mods on my Fatboy myself.
Have them both...but for jobs like this I have an indie that I've used for years on my last three bikes or so. I just haven't had it done yet. Laziness.... :p

Have them both...but for jobs like this I have an indie that I've used for years on my last three bikes or so. I just haven't had it done yet. Laziness.... :p

Yeah, I dig it. That's a hell of a major job, that can either eat 2-3 weekends at the risk of ruining the whole block, or just have a pro do it. I'd lean toward the pro too on that one.

I did most of my stuff, but there are things I won't mess with: I replaced the stock w/a chrome swingarm. That was definitely one I paid to have done.

I like my body parts where they are, I'm not risking the whole back end coming off as I'm ripping down the highway. :D

Back