My New PRS SE Custom 24

Yosa Sugimoto

Hi everyone, I'm new to PRS, just recently bought the PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Sunburst.

For what I paid for, I was amazed with how smooth the finish, the neck, and the bridge are.

I was a bit worry if my guitar is a fake, due to the blank TRC.. luckily I found the answer on this forum and I was pleased... I think PRS should update their website so that people know that 2014 SE models doesn't come with PRS logo TRC.

2hdnq5d.jpg

11j8953.jpg

Congrats! And welcome aboard!

Wait a sec - I see it's been 44 hours since you posted, so the question must be asked...

What did you order for PRS #2? :wink:

Very sweet axe you scored there and the headstock looks more elegant and less busy with a blank TRC
IMHO
Congrats and welcome

Hi everyone, I'm new to PRS, just recently bought the PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Sunburst.

For what I paid for, I was amazed with how smooth the finish, the neck, and the bridge are.

I was a bit worry if my guitar is a fake, due to the blank TRC.. luckily I found the answer on this forum and I was pleased... I think PRS should update their website so that people know that 2014 SE models doesn't come with PRS logo TRC.

2hdnq5d.jpg

11j8953.jpg

Nice guitar. I'm sure you are enjoying that. I have one myself and one thing I noticed is how smooth the fretboard is and I like the wide/thin neck. These are some real nice guitars.

Those that know, know it's a PRS. You could get a silver paint stick from where they have the model car kits at Walmart and write "PRS" on it carefully - or have someone with great hand writing do it for you. It might look good.

My Custom 24 has a blank cover and I don't mind it at all.

That's a sweet guitar. An SE Custom 24 was my first foray into PRS as well. Then one day I got a core Custom 22 and I've been hooked on PRS's ever since! SE's are great guitars. If you mostly play mid to high gain the SE HFS pickups are perfect. Is that what they still come with?

Thank's guys, I'm absolutely hooked with this guitar... yes they comes with the SE HFS and SE Vintage Bass... lots of sustain, harmonics, just the way a rock guitar should be!!

and I like the tremolo a lot, reminds me of the original Ibanez EDGE bridge, but since I don't use floyd rose that much, this tremolo is perfect for me, VERY smooth, this is a high quality tremolo I can tell you that.
I've been playing some high end Ibanez for the last 15 years, and this guitar doesn't feel like a cheap guitar or korean guitar at all, for those who wonders.

I think I'll keep the TRC blank for now, but thanks for the link, I still gonna get it!! Yes, anyone who knows guitar, know it's a PRS.

Congrats! And welcome aboard!

Wait a sec - I see it's been 44 hours since you posted, so the question must be asked...

What did you order for PRS #2? :wink:

Definitely will get another PRS, although at the moment I have a slight tuning problem when using the whammy bar, but I think a lube will fix it... I wanna get the one with floyd rose next.... ;)

Definitely will get another PRS, although at the moment I have a slight tuning problem when using the whammy bar, but I think a lube will fix it... I wanna get the one with floyd rose next.... ;)

Loosen the strings, leave them on and pull them straight up out of the nut slots. If the string sticks at all use some 220 grit sand paper to sand "the sides" only of the nut slots to widen it slightly until the string does not stick in the slot when puled straight up. After doing this, lubricate with powdered graphite from a hardware store and you will be able to apply the threolo to your satisfaction without the guitar going out of tune. The strings should move smoothly thru the nut without any resistance or binding.

Loosen the strings, leave them on and pull them straight up out of the nut slots. If the string sticks at all use some 220 grit sand paper to sand "the sides" only of the nut slots to widen it slightly until the string does not stick in the slot when puled straight up. After doing this, lubricate with powdered graphite from a hardware store and you will be able to apply the threolo to your satisfaction without the guitar going out of tune. The strings should move smoothly thru the nut without any resistance or binding.

Thank you, I will try get those graphite sometime this week. ;)

Back