Motorcycle Riders..Let's SEE 'em!

Well it seems that there is more chit-chat in this thread than pictures of motorcycles from PRS owners.
Is it possible that there are many more motorcycle riders in the Heritage Guitar owner's club than the PRS Guitar Owner's Club?

My current ride is a 2013 Harley Breakout...

D04B23FB-C571-4D65-9945-75C26D5ADD0E-11408-0000075EF6E0D87E_zpse9e7056c.jpg

From the past....

2005 Big Dog with NOS, Open Primary, different tins....pretty much everything imaginable was done to this one..LOL

bp006.jpg

2001 RC51 with a TON of extra work done to it...my true past time...working on bikes...

DSCN1190.jpg

ZX9 from back in the day...for those that know here, thats Charlotte when she was about 3-4 years old..LOL
d4248b6b.jpg

I have tons of others...but these are pics I could find immediately...

I've always had twins, Triumph, Harley and stopped with Ducati. This is my 1991 851 Superbike. I also have a 93 900SS but I don't have a picture of that one.

2rfy3jc.jpg

How does a fairly tall dude like you fit on that? I test rode one of those and felt like my knees were in my armpits.
Looks good, though.

Thats the "chopper seating" lol I am used to leaning forward a bit since most of my time was spent riding sport bikes...the Breakout reminds me a LOT of riding my chopper except its actually reliable for more than 30 miles without parts falling off....

That thars funny right thar!

The chopper was a rigid frame (no rear suspension) so while it looked cool and I didnt mind the punishment it dealt out as far as comfort goes, you were CONSTANTLY losing bolts that would vibrate out of their spots...nothing would stop the kick stand bolts from backing out...not even red loctite...same with the bolts that held the open primary and the ignition on...so it was a losing battle if you went on anything more than a short jaunt....it was BADASS for that 30 mile ride, but the one time I completely lost the kickstand bolt pretty much spelled the end of the chopper for me...imagine showing up for work and suddenly realizing you cant get off your motorcycle unless you lay it down on its side...kinda SUCKED

Thats the "chopper seating" lol I am used to leaning forward a bit since most of my time was spent riding sport bikes...the Breakout reminds me a LOT of riding my chopper except its actually reliable for more than 30 miles without parts falling off....

I really like the look of the Breakout. It does have that factory chopper look. But I also imagined it with ape hangers installed and it looked a lot better (in my head).

This is the beauty of a cruiser type bike.......give 100 guys the same bike and in a year you'll have 100 different rides.....so customizable and easy to make your own.

oh come on! meanwhile they all put the SAME stuff on it! ;-)
triple trees, 'live to ride air filter', studs on the seat, useless tiny mirrors with spiked ends, the grip end do hickeys that hang off like a barbie bicycle...all 'custom'

triple trees, 'live to ride air filter', studs on the seat, useless tiny mirrors with spiked ends, the grip end do hickeys that hang off like a barbie bicycle...all 'custom'

I kind of disagree....yeah there are the "standard" upgrades guys do to personalize the look of the bike that you listed but it goes FAR beyond that...you have guys that like the apes but also guys that do the drag bar, you have chromed out, blacked out, lowered, skinny bobbers, complete assortments of different fenders that completely change the looks of the bikes, spoked wheels, chrome mags, air shocks, open primary's, custom seats....quite literally every choice changes the bikes appearance and lots of times its performance...it may look like the same thing to the uneducated, but to people who have actually modified bikes see and appreciate the things you rattled off as common...

I mean honestly look at sportbikes....they are WAYYY worse....take pretty much any Ducati in the last 10 years or so and you will find the Termi Exhaust, the programmed chip, and some Marchesini wheels and the guy says he "Customized" it....

Last edited:

hahahaha! I'm LMAO at the barbie bike reference! Awesome. hahahaha
And you'd never see a "live to ride, ride to live" anything on my bike. I hate those stupid things.
But I did go with the black/chrome studs on my Mustang seat and blacked out mini apes and luggage rack instead of chrome.
I also went with a Python exhaust in defiance of the norm which seems to be V&H.

I kind of disagree....yeah there are the "standard" upgrades guys do to personalize the look of the bike that you listed but it goes FAR beyond that...you have guys that like the apes but also guys that do the drag bar, you have chromed out, blacked out, lowered, skinny bobbers, complete assortments of different fenders that completely change the looks of the bikes, spoked wheels, chrome mags, air shocks, open primary's, custom seats....quite literally every choice changes the bikes appearance and lots of times its performance...it may look like the same thing to the uneducated, but to people who have actually modified bikes see and appreciate the things you rattled off as common...

I mean honestly look at sportbikes....they are WAYYY worse....take pretty much any Ducati in the last 10 years or so and you will find the Termi Exhaust, the programmed chip, and some Marchesini wheels and the guy says he "Customized" it....

Well you are right about the Sport bikes as well, esp the pipe, but I dont know, the one and ONLY time I did Laconia Bike week, I saw like 10,000 cruisers all lined up on the side of the road, all I saw was the same bike and guys in pirate customes... (Yes I know, the sport guys are power rangers..got it)

hahahaha! I'm LMAO at the barbie bike reference! Awesome. hahahaha
And you'd never see a "live to ride, ride to live" anything on my bike. I hate those stupid things.
But I did go with the black/chrome studs on my Mustang seat and blacked out mini apes and luggage rack instead of chrome.
I also went with a Python exhaust in defiance of the norm which seems to be V&H.

Remember the Huffy 'Thunder Road'. That takes me back! :)
One HUGE sacriledge in my book WHATEVER the ride, unless its broken or your are touring the country in an RV with your family, dont EVER, EVER put it in a trailer!
Trailer a 30k bike 3 hours to drive it a mile down the road, park it all day and stare at it...WTF!????

IMO, trailers are for snowmobiles...ride there or dont go.

I'll tell ya... I had my car in the shop for the better part of the last week (mysterious fuel leak problem). Been riding since. Snow, wind, rain, temps in the mid-teens at one point, lenses fogging up at stop signs and then freezing over instantly when moving...

Yeah, it's actually been sort of fun being "hard-core" again. :)

I'll tell ya... I had my car in the shop for the better part of the last week (mysterious fuel leak problem). Been riding since. Snow, wind, rain, temps in the mid-teens at one point, lenses fogging up at stop signs and then freezing over instantly when moving...

Yeah, it's actually been sort of fun being "hard-core" again. :)

Well the snow and ice would ground me but not the temps..Of course I have a fairing and electric windshield so I'd probably feel different without it! LOL
The temps, to me are a matter of how many layers I got to wear.

In my Sport touring riding circles, some of these guys are mile eaters galore..and I mean EAT them..The most of know of in a single year was my Ohio friend Mac, 87,000 miles in ONE GADDAM YEAR! on his 06 ST1300.. (His girlfrield lived in San Diego, he road every corner of the country and Canada constantly that year.. Must be nice to be retired with some dough...

These guys were hard core man... aka, on a whim, he lets ride 'over to Washington State (from CT) I need to drop by so and so's house...

ROFL I have an embarrassing low milage count on my FLHX. I think it's just over 3K or something. This year it's been in garage more than anywhere else. Too many days this past spring/summer where it seemed oceans literally fell from sky. I can do a bit of rain, but the flash flooding we had almost daily was too much.

ROFL I have an embarrassing low milage count on my FLHX. I think it's just over 3K or something. This year it's been in garage more than anywhere else. Too many days this past spring/summer where it seemed oceans literally fell from sky. I can do a bit of rain, but the flash flooding we had almost daily was too much.

Yeah I hear you...When I commute to work, its rain in the morning, I said f it and take the Jeep, but dont care if its on the way home..
MO, you have some riding Nirvana to your West...

I LOVE Western NC/Northern GA. TN... oh MAN oh MAN!
East Coasters, if you do get a chance, get your bike down the Blue Ridge Parkway...there is not a bad road anywhere you are!

A couple of years ago, I was on the BRP and had XM satellite radio going into my helmet...so I Dailed up some BLUE GRASS...It SO FIT THE moment and location..I was so happy..

Back