Modcat question... 2017 guitar

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
MODCat question... I noticed this same thing with the customized Wood Library blue quilted 509 I've posted on the site before.

My number on the case and hang tag is simply WL0898_CJ. No long MODCat number where it would normally be on the case label.

Haven't pulled the pickups to see if there's a hidden one or anything.

Just curious if this is the case just because it's a more customized order by Moore Music & Guitars, or if it's something they've done away
within the last couple of years.

24294224_10210689467856863_2380158928487194267_n.jpg

24955465_10210710127933352_2711174193169520842_o.jpg

Bueller... Anyone? Bueller?...

Did you post this in another thread too? I could have swore I saw Flux respond that his recent purchase was the same way. I've got a couple of WLs and an AP, but all my cases are at the storage facility. It's cold, and I'm too lazy to drive a mile to check them out! :D

What's the exact name of your finish?

My WL tag looked like a finish code attached to an order number or target date (dealer number maybe, if there is such a thing?). Ended in SY, presumably for Santana Yellow.

Evidently the custom ordered/specs Wood Library guitars must not get a true modcat then. My Wood Library 509 is not an Artist, but a 10 top, and is the same type short number. I will say that that 10 top is nicer than the Artist grade ones I've owned before (until this Artist 594 showed up).

Must be because these are not common assembly line core guitars, but hand selected wood by the dealer.

The case sticker on my custom 24 says PRS0234_CC. According to customer service the CC stands for custom color. I did pull the pickups and under the neck there is a sticker that reads NCK-CU4SI4TT-IGIR-I5. That appears to be a MODCAT but the format doesn't totally work with any of the decoders.

Must be because these are not common assembly line core guitars, but hand selected wood by the dealer.

That's probably one of the most logical explanations of all. It's likely not even worth bothering with another set of codes, let alone for such a purpose.

Back