Mira vs Dragon II pickups in a CE22

D20

Hey guys-

I'm looking for some advise on the difference between the Mira and Dragon II pickups. I have a CE22 with Dragon II's in it, but I'm thinking of swapping them out for an extra set of Mira pups that I have. Any thoughts on what difference there would be between these two sets of pups in a CE22?

Thanks!

I have used both those pickups but never in the same guitar.

The neck pickup, there may or may not be much of a difference at all. In my Mira I found the neck pickup to be a bit muddy and ended up swapping it out, but I liked the Dragon II in the neck of my Custom 22. Given the rather significant design differences between the two, YMMV.

For the bridge, the Mira pickup was very nice, I liked its medium output level and clarity, and it split really well. The Dragon II tends to be hotter and more nasal, like it's spitting out too much in the upper midrange. However, the Dragon II was better in the lows - but once again this could be the differences between the guitars themselves and not the pickups.

IMHO, I'd give it a whirl. It's totally reversable assuming your CE has McSwitching and not a rotary (the Mira pickups are not rotary-friendly).

Ahh... That was good advise to read since my CE22 is a rotary and not McCarty wiring.

Last edited:
Back