Memorial Day

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Remembering all that gave some and some that gave all.

Memorial-Day-.jpg

(raises a toast to the fallen)
My sister said it well -- "My one wish is that this becomes unnecessary" -- may there be no more fallen, and, in lieu of that (since we obviously still have some very dangerous enemies), may we not need a special day to remind us of those who have made the final sacrifice serving our country, protecting us from harm.
Thank you for your service.

Here's to the greatest generation. Not many of them left, but the ones who stand in their place ain't too bad either!

Thank you, we (Veterans) appreciate the recognition more than you think.

my father and 3 uncles served in combat in WWII, and my brother did 2 combat tours in Vietnam. my father was overjoyed when I didn't have to go serve. he knew what it did to his family and his oldest son. god bless all the veterans, especially the ones who didn't come home!

As someone who lives in Hawaii, the sentiment is past strong here, it's palpable. Many of my neighbors are elderly and most all remember the very day. One of the last survivors of the attack on Pearl Harbor lived up the street from me until he passed about 3 yrs. ago. It is an honor to have served and an honor to be recognized no matter how great or insignificant your service was, and the missing man formation of Raptors flying right over your house is thrilling.

Back