McSoapys...let's see 'em :)

Fbrandw

Mmmm singlecuts..
I'm really leaning towards picking up a Soapbar McCarty, so I sure would like to see a few examples to get a feel for what may be out there! Show em if ya got em :hello:

Soapbars match up really with the PRS McCarty body design... I simply cannot recommend them enough. They are AMAZING guitars IMHO.

• PRS McCarty Soapbar. One piece 10 Top. Dead stock, this particular guitar is the most perfect instrument I've ever owned. It just has some magic voodoo going on with it.
  • PRS Private Stock McCarty Soapbar. Ebony fingerboard, IRW neck, Lollars.
  • PRS McCarty Soapbar. Korina body & neck, BRW fingerboard, Lollars.
  • PRS Private Stock HB Singlecut Soapbar. Bearclaw Spruce top, highly figured mahogany back & neck, Piezo, IRW fingerboard.
Of the three McCartys below, the Korina one has the thickest tone, the Private Stock with the Ebony fingerboard is the most touch sensitive.

prssoapbars.jpg

dsc00269ke.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm really leaning towards picking up a Soapbar McCarty, so I sure would like to see a few examples to get a feel for what may be out there! Show em if ya got em :hello:

Before you commit to a purchase, do yourself a favor and try one of the Custom 22 Soapbars - they are just phenomenal

PRSRig.jpg

Hmmm. The links are to myspace, which is how I almost always post pics. I have no idea what the problem could be. Is there a better way to do it?

The top one is a McSoapy in Ocean Turquoise with moons and the bottom is a Korina McSoapy with BRW board and birds in natural.

Last edited:
Hmmm. The links are to myspace, which is how I almost always post pics. I have no idea what the problem could be. Is there a better way to do it?

The top one is a McSoapy in Ocean Turquoise with moons and the bottom is a Korina McSoapy with BRW board and birds in natural.

Oh..then it is because I am at work and myspace is blocked.

I dont usually like posting other peoples guitars but I dont think Matt posts on his board (hes on VR and was on BAM) but he recently had a beater McSoapy refinished and equipped with Thorn GT90-H's and a 2tek.

430952_10151330875274533_473478070_n.jpg

Here's a nice pic from Wildwood. They did a much better job taking photos than I did.
7125051_lg3.jpg

I liked the Korina McSoapy so much that I bought a 2nd one. Both had BRW boards. This pic is not the best but what can you do?
korina002.jpg

Back