McCarty II

The worst selling McCarty of all time. :tongue:

I've never even see one in person. I'll bet they become stupid collectable. Ironic.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;92854 said:
The worst selling PRS of all time. :tongue:

Fixed that for ya!

To answer the OP, five-ish years ago PRS developed what they called the Master Voicing Control and put it in the new McCarty II model. I think it was kind of an active tone control with a couple of 9V batteries powering it. The reaction from the forums amounted to "OMG!!! It haz teh batteriez!!!!"

It did not sell... I think Willcutt's still has one from 2008.

And yet people really, really want the batteries in their piezo models and electronics equipped acoustics.

Guitar players are really funny about this stuff.

And yet people really, really want the batteries in their piezo models and electronics equipped acoustics.

Guitar players are really funny about this stuff.

I don't think it's the fact that there are batteries per se. It's what the batteries are doing that people are funny about. It's not that they "really really want" the batteries in the piezo stuff, it's that they "really really want" a piezo output - a fairly modern and new feature by comparison - and those cannot function without the trusty ol' 9Vs. However, electric guitar circuits have done just fine for years without them, so that becomes "messing with a classic" so to speak.

I don't think it's the fact that there are batteries per se. It's what the batteries are doing that people are funny about. It's not that they "really really want" the batteries in the piezo stuff, it's that they "really really want" a piezo output - a fairly modern and new feature by comparison - and those cannot function without the trusty ol' 9Vs. However, electric guitar circuits have done just fine for years without them, so that becomes "messing with a classic" so to speak.

You're right, but I was just kind of kidding around.

I always thought the McCarty was the wrong model to try this system in, just because it's considered a "classic" guitar. Although, I guess that was kind of the intent - to give modern and classic in the same guitar. I'd be interested in hearing one of these. Even though at the time they came out I was like, "WTF IS PRS DOING?!!?!?!?" :laugh:

McCarty II: Electric Boogaloo
I call my 2nd daughter "Ms. Boogaloo". :)

There's one on ebay with 3 hours left, less than $1k. IMHO if you don't like the MVC, take it out and install another volume pot like a DGT or make the extra hole a switch for pickup splitting. Use the extra cavity on the back for whatever you want. (AKA "Put your weed in there!")

I call my 2nd daughter "Ms. Boogaloo". :)

Use the extra cavity on the back for whatever you want. (AKA "Put your weed in there!")

That's AWESOME. But...how big is that compartment? lol.
I LOVED that old SNL skit and that was my favorite saying for a long time...I kept saying it in front of the little ones though so it kinda dropped from my vocabulary. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Dammit...you KNOW what's gonna happen now don't you? I'm gonna be saying it again all the time.
I got a new Tremonti SE Custom a couple months ago. My first gigbag. I kep finding more compartments in that thing. On Saturday I discovered another and it had a hanging hook in it so you can hang your guitars or empty cases in the closet (brilliant) but now everytime I find another pocket and think...I wonder what THIS one is for. Well yup...it's so you can Put your Weed in there.
The other two must be for papers, buster and lighter?

Back