Make this finish shine. And a few nicks..

joet

Hi folks
New here. I have a 96 ce 24. I cleaned the finish with naphtha and used a Gibson polish that I use on my other guitars. The finish still seems a bit dull. Any tips to make this shine?

are there other options to work out the nicks in the finish other than drop filling with ca glue? Wondered if a clay bar would work?

view

Thanks
Joe

Thanks Mark! Yes it looks a bit cloudy/hazy. Like I can’t see “through” it. Any special tricks or brands to get the haze out?

Nothing short of a refinish. That happens sometimes on the older guitars (and some newer ones). That cloudiness is under the clear coat. I believe it comes from excess moisture, or something like that. It seems to happen in wetter climates. I have a '97 Santana I that I bought last year from someone in Florida. It has some cloudiness, but only on the back.

Nothing short of a refinish. That happens sometimes on the older guitars (and some newer ones). That cloudiness is under the clear coat. I believe it comes from excess moisture, or something like that. It seems to happen in wetter climates. I have a '97 Santana I that I bought last year from someone in Florida. It has some cloudiness, but only on the back.

Yikes! That’s tough. Amazing that the finish can haze between layers!

OK, I can see it very clearly between the G and B stringpost and tuner knob. My finish is more plain hazy as I dont see the clouds "infiltrating" the rest of the finsih....that's a bummer. Those Santa models are great guitars!

Back