Looking for a Narrowfield Pickup

Mojojojoe

Hi all,
Long time lurker, first post here.
I recently got a used 2014 PRS S2 Custom 22 Semi Hollow that I really love, and want to make this my main all-rounder by adding a Narrowfield pickup in the middle position.
Pushing my luck but if anyone has a spare one they're willing to sell, please let me know, I'm losing sleep over this..
I've already emailed PRS customer service but I'm not expecting much as they don't sell this pickup on their accessories website.

Best of luck! They pop up from time to time. But not all that often. If you can find someone who has an NF3 and swapped the pickups out you might get lucky.

FWIW the PTC has been known to route and install a narrow field middle pickup when times aren’t so crazy. As of earlier this year they still told me, “too busy” but it never hurts to ask.

Best of luck! They pop up from time to time. But not all that often. If you can find someone who has an NF3 and swapped the pickups out you might get lucky.
Thanks! The last listing on Reverb is from 3 years ago so I don't expect this to be easy..

FWIW the PTC has been known to route and install a narrow field middle pickup when times aren’t so crazy. As of earlier this year they still told me, “too busy” but it never hurts to ask.
Yup I've heard that too, the problem is I live very far away in Oceania so the only sensible option is for them to sell me the pickup itself.

I own one and was thinking of adding a Strat middle pickup with its own volume or blend control. Put a TV Jones in the bridge. Still deciding on the neck pickup.

I own one and was thinking of adding a Strat middle pickup with its own volume or blend control. Put a TV Jones in the bridge. Still deciding on the neck pickup.
You own a Narrowfield that you're looking to swap out?

No on the narrow field. I own an S2 Custom Semi-Hollow as well and was thinking of adding a Strat middle pickup like a core Custom 22 Special Semi-Hollow. Guess I could have explained it better.

No on the narrow field. I own an S2 Custom Semi-Hollow as well and was thinking of adding a Strat middle pickup like a core Custom 22 Special Semi-Hollow. Guess I could have explained it better.
I see, I should really do the same with a single coil in the middle, but i just love the look of the narrowfield & the matching pickup ring.

Back