Les Paul equivalent

34972441030_94e8ac9366_c.jpg

The closest sounding to my Les Paul is the SC594, followed by my Marsden (not pictured).

If you're trying to compare a Floyd equipped LP to a PRS equivalent, the SC Trem is closer than my Tremonti.
Feel wise, the SC Trem neck is a bit thinner but not as thin as my Tremonti. Both are thinner than LPs.
Just realize your trying to compare different aspects of guitars so everything isn't apples to apples... fixed bridge vs trem and PRS vs LP.
More envy.
I know the whole thing is a compromise but this will be my first foray into this brand after hearing some very good reports. If I could find the perfect guitar I wouldn't need the other seven I've got cluttering the house up. (Least, that's what the wife says)Cheers.

Thanks! It's a beautiful piece. Artist package with Ebony board too. It's everything I've ever wanted in a singlecut.

I'm thinking about swapping the bridge, currently a Riff Raff, to a Mule to give it a little more of a balanced tone.

I currently have a Mule set in my 594 Single Cut and it works really, really well. Thinking of trying Riff Raffs though for a bit more bite. One day I’m sure it’ll stop. One day. Maybe a weekend-free Sunday or when we have a day that doesn’t end in a “y” :)

I currently have a Mule set in my 594 Single Cut and it works really, really well. Thinking of trying Riff Raffs though for a bit more bite. One day I’m sure it’ll stop. One day. Maybe a weekend-free Sunday or when we have a day that doesn’t end in a “y” :)

The Riff Raff definitely adds more bite, I think for my personal playing and what I hear in my head when I pick up the SC245 I want the Mule in the bridge as well.

Shout out for the Core SC 250 made from 2007-2013 with the stock pickups. Really well voiced pickups once you get to know them and explore how they interact with the tone knobs and each other. Middle position is especially flexible. Really crisp articulation from the slightly longer scale, yet still slinky-feeling compared to a Strat. I am getting all the Paul tones I want from it. Seriously!
FsJCtdC.jpg

I thought it only fair to update you on my choice.
I know I was after a Les Paul equivalent
but after much mulling I have just taken delivery of a 2018 SE Tremonti Custom and after two hours noodling I'm chuffed to f#¥k with my choice.
I'm not a pro and I don't gig, I just noodle for my own amusement and I use a Blackstar HT-5RS mini-stack. The two seem to complement each other very nicely. There was only one colour available (grey-black) and it is beautiful. As is the finish. Early days I know, but I love it!
This is my first PRS but I know it won't be the last.
Thank you all for taking the trouble to give me advice and I'm sure I'll have more questions to pick your brains with in the near future.
Regards, Chris

but after much mulling I have just taken delivery of a 2018 SE Tremonti Custom and after two hours noodling I'm chuffed to f#¥k with my choice.
I'm not a pro and I don't gig, I just noodle for my own amusement and I use a Blackstar HT-5RS mini-stack. The two seem to complement each other very nicely. There was only one colour available (grey-black) and it is beautiful. As is the finish. Early days I know, but I love it!
Thank you all for taking the trouble to give me advice and I'm sure I'll have more questions to pick your brains with in the near future.
Regards, Chris

Awesome! Welcome to the slippery slope!

Regards, Chris
Well done, you’ll receive plenty of encouragement from some people on here to buy several more PRSi, you know who you are!! :D

How do you get the tone of a LP with a vibrato bar?

Get the trem bar equipped PRS... Install an ESP Arming Adjuster. You can order them on eBay and I think Amazon now from Japan distributor. If adjusted properly, about the tone and feel of a stop tail on a PRS trem.

I have them on all my tremolo equipped guitars!

Back