Just bought a curious Santana 1...

BlueTone

This popped up on the 'bay, a 2000 Santana 1. After a smirk when seeing the title of the ad, I opened the auction up and, yes, it was a Santana 1. And geez, the serial number indicates a 2000 (??). Santana 1 production ended in 1998 (AFAIK). And this guitar has a documented BRW fretboard, which wasn't available on the Santana 1's I've seen. PRS says it must have been a 'special order', which I didn't know you could do outside of PS. Anyway, here is the first of a flurry of PRS acquisitions over the past couple of weeks.
2016-08-15_20.58.36-e1471311458542.jpg

Possibly a dealer special run/order? Sometimes they get away with doing some things not normally allowed.

Great looking guitar btw!

This popped up on the 'bay, a 2000 Santana 1. After a smirk when seeing the title of the ad, I opened the auction up and, yes, it was a Santana 1. And geez, the serial number indicates a 2000 (??). Santana 1 production ended in 1998 (AFAIK). And this guitar has a documented BRW fretboard, which wasn't available on the Santana 1's I've seen. PRS says it must have been a 'special order', which I didn't know you could do outside of PS. Anyway, here is the first of a flurry of PRS acquisitions over the past couple of weeks.
2016-08-15_20.58.36-e1471311458542.jpg
What a beautiful guitar! Congratulations. I wish Santanas came in 22 fret versions. I have an SE, but it's not the same. :)

95-98 Santana’s were regular production guitars,after that they were limited production by special order only. That’s a beautiful and rare guitar!

Back