Is this eriza verde?

Anthony88

Was inquiring about this guitar, the two pics are the same guitar. The seller sent me a picture in normal store lighting, and the other was a "professional" shot for reverb.

It doesn't quite look like eriza verde to me. It's like a yellow-y/green burst. I'm not too familiar with how PRS does there colours, so im not sure what else it can be.

They don't have any of the original paperwork to verify what colour it is, just calling it eriza verde.

Was inquiring about this guitar, the two pics are the same guitar. The seller sent me a picture in normal store lighting, and the other was a "professional" shot for reverb.

It doesn't quite look like eriza verde to me. It's like a yellow-y/green burst. I'm not too familiar with how PRS does there colours, so im not sure what else it can be.

They don't have any of the original paperwork to verify what colour it is, just calling it eriza verde.

It doesn’t look like Eriza Green to me either. But I like it anyways! Here’s a picture of my PRS Studio in Eriza Green. I’m sharing the Sweetwater photo as that is the best quality pic that I have so far.

I dont believe it's Eriza Verde either
They did have some emerald for a bit
it looks closer to that to me

looks nothing like my old stoptail studio in eriza verde. use of the mod cat decoder is advised

I think that's an Eriza Verde where the blue stain faded, leaving the yellow center and the prominent sprayed green around the edge. My own 2012 studio (faded blue burst IIRC) has done about the same thing.

It may look much greener under the bridge and the pickup rings where the wood hasn't gotten as much light.

Looks like one of the Jade Burst finishes

Whatever it is, it is a "burst". And I have seen Eriza Verde bursts that looked similar (too "yellow" in the center), because the stain application is trying to maintain some "darker" green for the burst while still having that lighter "lime-yellow-ish" for the center. e.g. this recent Reverb listing is what they aim for, I suppose:

yb6hvb8kgkynnrzwdwlp.jpg

Might also be a color balance/saturation thing in the top listing. Or, as also noted, maybe the finish has suffered some blue dye fading.

OTOH, if you like the look, does it matter whether it is called Eriza Verde or "shinksma splat" or "rotting leprechaun"?

Whatever it is, it is a "burst". And I have seen Eriza Verde bursts that looked similar (too "yellow" in the center), because the stain application is trying to maintain some "darker" green for the burst while still having that lighter "lime-yellow-ish" for the center. e.g. this recent Reverb listing is what they aim for, I suppose:

yb6hvb8kgkynnrzwdwlp.jpg

Might also be a color balance/saturation thing in the top listing. Or, as also noted, maybe the finish has suffered some blue dye fading.

OTOH, if you like the look, does it matter whether it is called Eriza Verde or "shinksma splat" or "rotting leprechaun"?

Agreed, it's a beauty and it doesn't matter the colour. Just very curious as I've never seen it before.

But the seller won't budge on the price, which is too high IMO

Back