Introducing: Lefty Custom 24 Limited

james

Administrator
Staff member
http://prsguitars.com/leftycustom24/

leftycustom24.jpg

For a limited time only, PRS Guitars’ flagship model – the Custom 24 – is available to order as a left-handed instrument. The Custom 24 is the original PRS…the guitar Paul took to his first tradeshow in 1985. It is a perennial favorite with musicians, and we are happy to offer a version for our left-handed friends.

The “Lefty” Custom 24 features a maple top, mahogany back, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, “old school” abalone bird inlays, our redesigned 5-way blade switch, which offers a dual humbucker option for the first time, and 59/09 treble and bass pickups with our contoured bobbins (new for 2012) that arc with the strings for a more spread out, open tone.

Hans said:
This is going to make a lot of people REALLY happy! :p

And I'm stoked to see OLD birds!

Lefty runs always get old birds... it's like a bonus to make up for schmering their ink when they write :lol:

themike said:
Hans said:

Lefty runs always get old birds... it's like a bonus to make up for schmering their ink when they write :lol:

Hey! :x I hate it when you're right...

Jamie, lefty playing righty... :D

JMintzer said:
themike said:
Hans said:

Hey! :x I hate it when you're right...

Jamie, lefty playing righty... :D

:lol:

Shawn@PRS said:
[quote="cosmic_ape":w9r753jp]I am so happy! I need to put the kidney up on eBay!

Just be sure the auction ends before June 15th! :)[/quote:w9r753jp]

Can't wait to read about this on TGP..... "PRS representitives encourage customers to sell organs on the black market to purchase new limited run!" :lol:

cosmic_ape said:
Apparently, the organs can only cover Limited Runs, not Private Stock prices :p

Blame that on societies love for fast food and processed indgridients - a solid, healthy kidney could easily fetch you PS prices ....... uh, I mean.....I think :twisted:

themike said:
Shawn@PRS said:
[quote="cosmic_ape":m9wef9qk]I am so happy! I need to put the kidney up on eBay!

Just be sure the auction ends before June 15th! :)

Can't wait to read about this on TGP..... "PRS representitives encourage customers to sell organs on the black market to purchase new limited run!" :lol:[/quote:m9wef9qk]

How do you think I got my PRS guitars? :)

Considering that last year's run came after a seven year dry spell, I can say I am pleasantly surprised with this development. Can we expect PRS to throw us lefties a bone at least once a year? This is definitely a start.

I'd love if they would consider us for a more affordable model, though. I think it would be a better way to gain some loyal fans. Have them start their PRS affair with an introductory, accessible model and build their way up from there. Nowadays, there are so many choices from all kinds of manufacturers and not every person can afford to spend +3K on a guitar.

I took the plunge last year and I hope I can do it this year, too. A month-long ordering period is very strict, though. I don't know if I'll make it... I obviously don't know how the company runs their business, but I'd love to hear some insights as to the reasons behind this decision.

Back