Introduce yourself!

Hey there, new here. I'm been playing for 20 years and just got my first PRS yesterday. First time I ever play a PRS actually. It's a Custom 24 SE Quilt (black gold burst). This thing is shockingly good.

As a kid my dream guitar was a Gibson Les Paul, and earlier this year I got a 60s LP and it turned out to be a disappointment. Although it's perfectly built and sounds amazing, it's very uncomfortable to play and very heavy (unbalanced). I basically never play it. But I do want a nice mahogany set neck, short scale guitar and when these PRS SE guitars went on sale, it piqued my interest. Needless to say, this CU24 is exceeding my expectations - balanced, light, comfortable to play sitting down. The playability is outstanding as well. Of course, I don't need to convince any of you.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring these forums and getting to know more about PRS!

Hey there, new here. I'm been playing for 20 years and just got my first PRS yesterday. First time I ever play a PRS actually. It's a Custom 24 SE Quilt (black gold burst). This thing is shockingly good.

As a kid my dream guitar was a Gibson Les Paul, and earlier this year I got a 60s LP and it turned out to be a disappointment. Although it's perfectly built and sounds amazing, it's very uncomfortable to play and very heavy (unbalanced). I basically never play it. But I do want a nice mahogany set neck, short scale guitar and when these PRS SE guitars went on sale, it piqued my interest. Needless to say, this CU24 is exceeding my expectations - balanced, light, comfortable to play sitting down. The playability is outstanding as well. Of course, I don't need to convince any of you.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring these forums and getting to know more about PRS!

Welcome Kiper.

Maybe try an SE 594 single cut, I think that might quench your LP thirst.

Welcome Kiper!

Some of us LP loving folks are big fans of the old Korean SE245s, that predate the SE 594: 24.5" scale, set neck singlecut and pretty cheap. I got these three from GC, all with a 45 day return period this year:

BPD38398.jpg

Welcome to the forum Kiper! Good to have you on board now that you have "seen the light"!! Enjoy and be sure to post some pix for us to drool over!!!

Welcome Kiper!

Some of us LP loving folks are big fans of the old Korean SE245s, that predate the SE 594: 24.5" scale, set neck singlecut and pretty cheap. I got these three from GC, all with a 45 day return period this year:

BPD38398.jpg

I concur -

And some more mods, with the sister PRS. Love me some double-cut action too -

Hey there. New guy here.

Just got a 2020 S2 Custom 22. I don't think I can post pics yet, but it's in my Avatar.

I've had an SE Santana for several years that was given to me. (long story) Anyway, I look forward to learning some stuff here.

Jay

Welcome Kiper and Saturn. I can only agree on the playing comfort and fit of PRS guitars. Em, Kiper are you planning new pups already?

Question.
I tried to post a NGD type thread in the Electrics section. I know that I had to have at least 3 posts before I'm allowed to link photos and such. I met that threshold, but my post has been sitting there since yesterday waiting "Approval". Is this because I'm a new member or could it mean I broke some rule? I did mention the G word in my post.

Question.
I tried to post a NGD type thread in the Electrics section. I know that I had to have at least 3 posts before I'm allowed to link photos and such. I met that threshold, but my post has been sitting there since yesterday waiting "Approval". Is this because I'm a new member or could it mean I broke some rule? I did mention the G word in my post.
Probably no mod on the weekend to approve a new thread by a new member. It keeps spam threads down.

Hello PRS Forum! My name is Matthew and I am a new owner of two S2 McCarty 594 guitars. I have been playing for 35 years and about 95% of that time just on acoustic guitars. I have had a couple of teles, and one Les Paul but I never really bonded with them. I have a couple of friends who own nice PRS guitars (S2 and Cores) and that helped lead me to my own. In the last month I picked up a new S2 McCarty 594 10th Anniversary Black Amber and then I picked up a S2 Limited McCarty 594 with an ebony board and wide flame curly maple with Faded Grey Black Cherryburst (Charcoal Cherry Burst).
Absolutely love these two guitars. They came out of the gig bags set up perfect. Looking forward to seeing what PRS has instore for next year and contributing to the forum.

Back