Intonation Screws issue - Seems to be a PRS issue.

Had it as well and I am not very far from factory setup. Was weird: my high E string intonation screw just went off. Nailpolish is a cure, but hope to be able to stay clear of using it

Thanks for the advice everyone, PRS also suggested using two springs (which i have) I will also use some clear nail polish…and hope this cures the problem.

I understand if you're having problems understanding this situation, after all, PRS is "supposed" to be the best of the best, but apparently they fall short sometimes. More than I'd care to admit honestly. SE edition is one thing, core though, should have zero problems out of the gate.

I understand if you're having problems understanding this situation, after all, PRS is "supposed" to be the best of the best, but apparently they fall short sometimes. More than I'd care to admit honestly. SE edition is one thing, core though, should have zero problems out of the gate.
I do fully understand the situation, and agree that my core PRS guitars should be problem free but the reality is they are not… I do however take offense by you accusing me of ‘not understanding the situation’ I fully understand the situation…
The situation is the trem bridge on my Core PRS guitars should not be losing screws and springs but unfortunately they do, I have contacted PRS on numerous occasions. PRS UK have sent me replacement springs and screws on three occasions now (hopefully the nail polish will cure the issue), PRS USA have never responded with a fix only an email asking if I want to value and sell…
There, I fully understand my situation - PRS UK will help, PRS USA don’t care.

Last edited:
I do fully understand the situation, and agree that my core PRS guitars should be problem free but the reality is they are not… I do however take offense by you accusing me of ‘not understanding the situation’ I fully understand the situation…
The situation is the trem bridge on my Core PRS guitars should not be losing screws and springs but unfortunately they do, I have contacted PRS on numerous occasions. PRS UK have sent me replacement springs and screws on three occasions now (hopefully the nail polish will cure the issue), PRS USA have never responded with a fix only an email asking if I want to value and sell…
Might it be that USA based companies always have to balance between legal risk of claims/being sued and customer care? And Europe based organisations have less to worry about in that regard?

Serious question from my end from across the pond?

I guess I worded that wrong. I was just trying to say that a PRS shouldn't have this type of problem. I don't understand why they do.

JB Weld Is Your Friend. That'll Keep It In Place.

On A Serious Note...A Little Lock-Tite Or Similar Will Solve The Issue.

I’m in the silicone camp. I also think nothing is perfect. I’ve had pickups drop because the springs didn’t have enough tension. PRS didn’t make the springs. I put new springs in. Problem gone for about 4 dollars.

Back