Intonatable bridge for PRS SE Standard 22

John Mann: If I understand correctly, you only offer the adjustable in a wraparound and nothing with chrome... is that right? I'm modding an old SE Singlecut and want nothing to do with the wraparound style, but would like something with chrome to fit in with other parts. Maybe I should add that I'm going to install a Gibson tailpiece... I'm not keeping the guitar stock (I've already reshaped it some for left handed).

Patrick - Currently I offer polished or satin aluminum. I am working on offering nickle, gold and black nickel plating in the very near future.
I historically do NOT offer chrome on any of my products, simply because I think nickel looks better. Sorry...

However, you can take any nickel or cold plated part and have a plating shop chrome it for you. I will warn you that you probably won't like the price tho'

Regarding adding an addition tailpiece... I would advise advise against it, as your stoptail depends on the string pull to keep it in place.

Thanks for your response, John. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. The problem with the PRS design is that I'm left handed; even if I liked the concept of wraparound tailpieces, the one that came with my SE Singlecut doesn't work left handed. My SE Santana doesn't have that problem, since it is a tremolo (though I have upgraded its saddles with ones from Graph Tech). At this stage I expect to have to pull the existing plugs, fill the holes and then redrill and install a proper tune-o-matic bridge. I guess I was trying to find out if you did those in addition to the wraparounds. Again, though, I appreciate the time you have taken to answer. It looks like you have a good product and I can tell from the comments above that a lot of folks like it.

John Mann: If I understand correctly, you only offer the adjustable in a wraparound and nothing with chrome... is that right? I'm modding an old SE Singlecut and want nothing to do with the wraparound style, but would like something with chrome to fit in with other parts. Maybe I should add that I'm going to install a Gibson tailpiece... I'm not keeping the guitar stock (I've already reshaped it some for left handed).

The #2300 bridge is intonatable, so it will accommodate lefty guitars

Back