Incoming NGD NF53

Dude! I was looking at that one, the white doghair is so nice, but there's a black one that's a bit lighter I am also tempted by, also, maybe I already have enough guitars?

Yeah, I like that finish too. The black doghair finish looks good also. I need another guitar like I need a hole in my head. But I want one like this. I like the clarity and chimey tones I get with my Studio. The narrowfield pickups on it are amazing and I’d like to have other guitars with narrowfields but without tremolo since all of my current PRS guitars have trems. I’ve been waiting on a Paul’s guitar. The latest ETA I got for the Paul’s guitar is sometime in August.

The Narrowfields on this is totally different than the ones on the Studio!
Yeah, I’m not surprised. I’m guessing the Paul‘s guitar will be different too. After I’ve had time to play the guitar awhile I’ll post a note here comparing / contrasting with the studio. I’ll do the same in the future when I get the Paul’s guitar. I’ve given up on believing in one guitar that will do everything. I want them to be different and have their own character.

I love my DGTs, 594, and Studio. The funny thing is I play the humbuckers in these guitars in split coil mode most of the time. I like the Chimey sound I get. I have a Stratocaster, but I much prefer playing my PRS guitars.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m not surprised. I’m guessing the Paul‘s guitar will be different too. After I’ve had time to play the guitar awhile I’ll post a note here comparing / contrasting with the studio. I’ll do the same in the future when I get the Paul’s guitar. I’ve given up on believing in one guitar that will do everything. I want them to be different and have their own character.

I love my DGTs, 594, and Studio. The funny thing is I play the humbuckers in these guitars in split coil mode most of the time. I like the Chimey sound I get. I have a Stratocaster, but I much prefer playing my PRS guitars.
The Paul’s is a mini humbucker. Same as the MEV and 24-08. All three have different voicing. The MEV being the most unique.

Funnily enough the NFs on the Myles Kennedy are similar but voiced differently. However I believe the MK ones can be split whereas the Studio can’t.
The NF53 deep dish is one I would like to try soon!

The NF53 arrived today from the Upper Bout music store. My initial impression is wow! What a fantastic guitar. It’s very different from any of my other guitars. Next to the Emerald Virtuo, the NF53 is the lightest electric guitar I own at 7 lbs. 2 oz. I really like the playability and the tones I’m getting so far. I like the way the guitar looks and feels. Here are some pics of the NF53 next to my studio and DGT guitars:

I’ll post an update after I’ve had more time to play the guitar. I want to compare / contrast the nearfield pick ups on the NF53 with the ones on my studio. My initial impression is the nearfields on the NF53 sound nothing like the ones on the Studio. I really like the sound of both guitars!

I wanted to thank Jacob at the Upper Bout music store. He answered all my questions and gave me the information I needed about the guitar. He shipped it out the day that I ordered it.

Last edited:
The NF53 arrived today from the Upper Bout music store. My initial impression is wow! What a fantastic guitar. It’s very different from any of my other guitars. Next to the Emerald Virtuo, the NF53 is the lightest electric guitar I own at 7 lbs. 2 oz. I really like the playability and the tones I’m getting so far. I like the way the guitar looks and feels. Here are some pics of the NF53 next to my studio and DGT guitars:

I’ll post an update after I’ve had more time to play the guitar. I want to compare / contrast the nearfield pick ups on the NF53 with the ones on my studio. My initial impression is the nearfields on the NF53 sound nothing like the ones on the Studio. I really like the sound of both guitars!

I wanted to thank Jacob at the Upper Bout music store. He answered all my questions and gave me the information I needed about the guitar. He shipped it out the day that I ordered it.
Sweet A. F.

Back