Incoming 2008 Alder CE22...

Glad you picked her up off Reverb...I almost did something stupid lol! She's a beaut!

Someone's got The Fever lol...

Ain't no cure but more ;). Looking forward to the NGD pics and tone reports! I think the first one has a JB in the bridge, wonder how that pairs with the VB...

Tone report: Dig the 5 way rotary. The alder/Draagon II pups combo have a unique set of tones very usable in many settings. Will have to get use to the rotary especially playing live as I'm so use to my McCarty. So I'll have to keep a mental note when I switch guitars when playing live. The sustain on both axes is pretty sweet. Using the volume knob opens new doors on these pups. Don't find them muddy and the mids are perfect. The weight of the dark cherry is a bit heavier thus giving it more bottom-end. Crisp, clear cleans on the coil split options.

I'm so glad I waited and scored these two 2008 beauties! I regret selling my 2008 CE 24 Alder so I wanted to go the extra mile and grab these before they become extinct. I am partial to the older CE models. Now let's ROCK!

Last edited:
Someone's got The Fever lol...

Ain't no cure but more ;). Looking forward to the NGD pics and tone reports! I think the first one has a JB in the bridge, wonder how that pairs with the VB...

Yes a JB! Scotty did me right! However, I installed the original Dragon II .Love JB's but wanted both axes to have the same pups. Great guitars of course.

Back