I Want My Guitar Back! :-)

I've been waiting 15 months for my 594. The agony. I'm pretty patient, but I really really want to see how it turns out. And play it.
15 months :confused::confused::confused:

Sam, Bodia,
Could you tell us how much cost your modifications (if it's not indiscreet)? And maybye some pics before-after ? ;)

To be clear, mine is a new build, not a PTC mod.
ok ^^
I was thinking it was more easy to buy a PRS guitar in USA but in fact it's not. The good for you is you have lot of shop to make your choice ^^
Someone know how many guitars PRS built every years ?

15 months :confused::confused::confused:

Sam, Bodia,
Could you tell us how much cost your modifications (if it's not indiscreet)? And maybye some pics before-after ? ;)

Here you go:

Before - Cu22 in some type of dark-ish blue and a 5 way. And a big chip that I managed to put in it replace the bridge.

bjnVIH5.jpg

After: It was raining when I got it back so these are the crappy picks from the basement. I haven't taken more since. Complete refinish in Purple Hazel Wrap with a satin finished neck (like on the Mark Holcomb model). Replaced Dragon II pick ups with a 59/09 Bridge and 57/08 neck. Replaced the 5 way rotary with a 3 way, and added mini-toogles for splits.

13tQWFM.jpg

pYSzYth.jpg

Before: Santana in Bruise Burst with Santana pickups

KqGVypj.jpg

bhxlBxR.jpg

After: Back and neck refinished in White, with satin treatment done on neck. Replaced Santana pick ups with Narrowfields mounted in custom made Ivory rings to fit in a full HB slot. Thanks to Helmi for selling me the NFs and rings.!

aZZrwSy.jpg

9lH9DzK.jpg

I don't think it would be appropriate to post the prices here. Sorry.

Thanks Bodia :)
Your new CU22 is marvelous !!! This is the "technical setting" I would like : a 3 way, mini-toogles for splits, and a fix bridge. I never use the tremolo, as most of the PRS men as I never see the tremolo arm on pictures ?

For the color I fall in love with the grey/black flade :rolleyes:
https://eddiesguitars.com/paul-reed...ck-fade-figured-maple-neck-ziricote-fretboard
but your purple is superb and it's great a colored guitar :cool:

Thanks Bodia :)
Your new CU22 is marvelous !!! This is the "technical setting" I would like : a 3 way, mini-toogles for splits, and a fix bridge. I never use the tremolo, as most of the PRS men as I never see the tremolo arm on pictures ?

For the color I fall in love with the grey/black flade :rolleyes:
https://eddiesguitars.com/paul-reed...ck-fade-figured-maple-neck-ziricote-fretboard
but your purple is superb and it's great a colored guitar :cool:

Anytime! That guitar at Eddie's is spectacular!

So, I get it back and the bridge pickup doesn't sound right. Lower output. No harmonics. I thought they swapped pickups between neck and bridge. I pull the pickups and they are in their correct positions. Everything is wired correctly too. I put it down for a week because I have a renovation going on in the house. I finally get a multi meter to check pick-up resistances, as recommended by the fine folks at TGP. Everything reads spot on. Then, I toggle the switch back and forth to see how things are contacting...and....bingo. One of the prongs on the 3 way toggle switch has a kink, so the neck pickup is not disengaging when switching to bridge only...

Sigh... I guess we can chalk this up to "stuff happens". I just emailed Matt and she'll have to go back. This was a new switch too. Figures I get the 1 out of 1000 :)

So, I get it back and the bridge pickup doesn't sound right. Lower output. No harmonics. I thought they swapped pickups between neck and bridge. I pull the pickups and they are in their correct positions. Everything is wired correctly too. I put it down for a week because I have a renovation going on in the house. I finally get a multi meter to check pick-up resistances, as recommended by the fine folks at TGP. Everything reads spot on. Then, I toggle the switch back and forth to see how things are contacting...and....bingo. One of the prongs on the 3 way toggle switch has a kink, so the neck pickup is not disengaging when switching to bridge only...

Sigh... I guess we can chalk this up to "stuff happens". I just emailed Matt and she'll have to go back. This was a new switch too. Figures I get the 1 out of 1000 :)

Aw. man! That’s a shame. But they’ll fix it.

Sorry to hear this. But yeah, it happens. I’ve had a ton of pedals. David Barber probably builds them better than anyone. AND tests them more than most before shipping. I bought a couple Barber pedals with bad footswitches. Wonky just a few weeks after purchase. If I didn’t hang out so much in the pedal building forums a while back, I’d probably never know better than to blame it on the builder. But footswitches in pedals, and blade switches on guitars, are known to be susceptible to premature failure.
Hopefully this is a very short delay, compared to the wait the first time. They’ll fix it.

Back