I am such an AC/DC fan

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Here are perhaps the best two concerts from YouTube that are DVD quality and shot professionally.
I few others I have seen but could not watch were shot by someone in the crowd with a high def camera, but who wants to see the back of someones head or far out in the audience you can not see the band?

I bought two cool official AC/DC shirts from Amazon a few weeks back too.
Also I now own all sixteen of their studio MP3 albums where as I only had around half that a few weeks back until I completed my collection via Amazon Music.
There are so many songs on the albums between Back In Black and their newest album Rock Or Bust that I had never heard before.
Also heard Angus play slide guitar on one song, that was pretty cool.
Also a lot of riff heavy (not lead, but riffs) songs that sounded great, amazing I had never heard them played on Sirius or FM before.
My least favorite album though would be Fly On The Wall.

What I also like about these guy's is they use standard tuning, and six string guitars, and no effects, just over driven tube sound.
I do not think I have ever heard a wah pedal used by either Malcolm or Angus, but I could be wrong.

Any other AC/CD fans here?
Also I cannot help but feel energized by their music, makes my toes tap :D

AC/DC Live 2009 Full concert HD

AC/DC Live in Munich 2001 Full Concert (Eng Sub) HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig AC/DC - I'm hoping they'll come close enough that I'll get to see them. A buddy of mine was downsizing his CD collection and offered the remasters to me - filled in some holes, and replaced a bunch I already had, up to Fly In The Wall, I think, maybe one or two after.

Very predictable, but that doesn't mean it ain't good! I can remember back when I still had a band, pausing during practice because the new AC/DC was out (think it was Flick Of The Switch). We pretty much knew where all the changes and fills were gonna be, and by the end of the song, we were kinda playing along (oddly, we didn't play any AC/DC).

Alan, a few years back I struggled trying to lear some of their songs, but now I am finding it pretty easy to figure them out without even a YouTube "how too" video.

I have that River Plate Blu-Ray coming tomorrow, and also one from Donnington Park.
Have seen the latter also on YouTube before.
Now when I watch the River Plate one above on YouTube at work, it plays faster than normal, I hope the disc when I get it, it is not the same fast speed.
Kind of funny seeing Brian hopping around the stage faster than normal.

I guess I should watch part of it on my iPad or PC to see if it does the same as at work.

PS, just watched Hells Bells on the River Plate one above, and it rus faster than normal too on my iPad.
I will be upset if the disc is like that too.
I wonder if somehow they sped it up a bit for the YouTube upload.

I wonder if somehow they sped it up a bit for the YouTube upload.

Ding ding ding - this is what some people do to avoid getting detected for posting copyrighted material. I have the River Plate DVD, I think, or I at least DVRed it at some point, and nothing seemed out of sorts. I expect it'll be fine.

If you download video from youtube, using something like free youtubedownloader, then you can then slow it down with VLC player (both are free). You can also use VLC to loop sections of songs, slowed down, to learn them.

Ding ding ding - this is what some people do to avoid getting detected for posting copyrighted material. I have the River Plate DVD, I think, or I at least DVRed it at some point, and nothing seemed out of sorts. I expect it'll be fine.
Thanks Alan, had no idea that is why it was sped up.
It is pretty funny though seeing how fast Brian runs around the stage, and how fast the crowd is bobbing up and down in unison to the music.
If you download video from youtube, using something like free youtubedownloader, then you can then slow it down with VLC player (both are free). You can also use VLC to loop sections of songs, slowed down, to learn them.
Thanks for the tip!
I also have Riff Station for the iPad that I paid for where I can load songs, that is how I learned the intro part to Hells Bells better.
I was playing something close by ear, but it was off just a bit.
Riff Station is pretty cool for that, as well as the free app Jam Up from Roland for the Microcube and other amps, but it works fine on IOS to load any song to slow down. and keep the same pitch like Riff Station does.

Thanks - I didn't know you could do that w/VLC. I'll need to get that on my music Mac so I can play with it. I have it on another Mac, but I just use it for plain old playback - never experimented with it beyond that.

!!BY FAR!! AC/DC songs are the most fun and enjoyable to cover for me, my first *paying* set had "Highway to hell", "Back in black", & "Shook me all night long" and although "Crazy train" & "Lonely is the night" were the 2 songs I did best, the AC/DC stuff just made you feel like a rockstar.

Cool, another fan!
I taught myself two weekends ago "Whole Lot Of Rosie."
Course I cannot do the solos, but I can do the rhythm quite well.

Back