How to clean a type d pickup

DarkPenguin

So, I saw the cat sitting on my PRS S2 Vela. What I didn't see was the cat vomiting on it. So what is the best way to clean a type d pickup? I'd rather not make things worse.

They recognized my cat and will have nothing to do with me. Apparently it is beyond their powers.

No, the specific concern is the type of pickup. What material the flatware at the top is made out of and how it should be cleaned; if anything can seep in around it that I should worry about, etc. I'm happiest if I can just hit it with some generic cleanser and wipe it off.

There is enough fur in this barf that I think you could press it into bobbin flatwear. It has been suggested that I leave it for the purpose of "rellicing" but I don't think so.

That's a new one! I wonder if taking the pick up out and putting it in rice would work. Kinda like you would with a cell phone that ended up at the bottom of a pool. If that helps getting the "liquid" out, then a brush, or canned air, maybe?

should probably measure where its at, then take the bugger out in case it got any puke in behind to fester

lucky it wasn't trying to fill an F hole. I would put the bugger (the non-dog) outside for a few days, not that it would do any good

I'd say, hang the guitar up on the wall where Baron Von Chunknspew can't get it. My son once had an acoustic guitar he'd bought at a pawn store. A human had thrown up in the sound hole several years past. I took a photo with my iPhone that I quickly regretted. We were pretty sure there was corn in it. :eek:

Back