How many on here use modelers like Axe FX III/Helix/Kemper?

Yessir! Media room playing :)
Can’t beat the form factor. Missus didn’t like the volume on 1 :(. But then I remembered the Master Volume on the Kemper - duh! :rolleyes: Much better! Definitely closer to the amp in the room feel than the JBL LSR305s I have. I’ll need to dial it in, too tired to mess around with settings tonight. A bit boxy sounding at times. Auralex pad helped tame any woofiness. For the price I think it works well for my situation.

Can’t beat the form factor. Missus didn’t like the volume on 1 :(. But then I remembered the Master Volume on the Kemper - duh! :rolleyes: Much better! Definitely closer to the amp in the room feel than the JBL LSR305s I have. I’ll need to dial it in, too tired to mess around with settings tonight. A bit boxy sounding at times. Auralex pad helped tame any woofiness. For the price I think it works well for my situation.

I wouldn’t expect the 108 to be “woofy.” I’ve experienced that with my 112s, but haven’t noticed that with my 8” cab.

I wouldn’t expect the 108 to be “woofy.” I’ve experienced that with my 112s, but haven’t noticed that with my 8” cab.
I tried it on the floor without the Auralex pad and it was noticeably more woofy and muddy, so those pads work well. Didn’t notice it so much on clean patches, more on my BHP Demeter dirt patch, which tends to have a lot of bass. At volume I’m sure it’s fine, but I need to dial it in for lower volume. On my JBL 305s I had the low pass filter on to tame the woof from them. Overall I thought it was pretty good right out of the box with no tweaks to my Kemper

I did pick up an Axe-FX III like I threatened earlier in this thread, and it's splendid! More power than the II, more ins/outs, a better thought-out feature set, sooo many more Impulse Response (speaker emulation) slots, and since it's the current Fractal Audio technology, frequent updates.

I A/B-ed the II and the III last night on identical patches (a dirty Carol-Ann model) and the III sounds better too, the amp simulation sounds more detailed, more present (for lack of a better word), and maybe a bit more touch responsive.

An unexpected bonus inspired by watching a Tim Pierce video: The Axe-III has enough inputs that I can leave a THD Hot Plate plugged in and run my tube amps into it, and out through speaker emulation into my monitors. That lets my run my tube amps at a controlled volume level through any speaker emulation that's in the Axe-III, so there's a new lease on life for those noisy beasts!

I tried it on the floor without the Auralex pad and it was noticeably more woofy and muddy, so those pads work well. Didn’t notice it so much on clean patches, more on my BHP Demeter dirt patch, which tends to have a lot of bass. At volume I’m sure it’s fine, but I need to dial it in for lower volume. On my JBL 305s I had the low pass filter on to tame the woof from them. Overall I thought it was pretty good right out of the box with no tweaks to my Kemper
Spent more time dialing in the post amp Studio EQ a bit last night and now it sounds very good! Slight adjustments rule the day.

I am still blown away by this wee HX Stomp pedal, and ........ well just watch this short video by a good youtuber and see how easy it is to use etc in a pedal board / as a pedal board

I'm consistently amazed at what we have available to us these days.

All of us have our favorites of course, but you're right, it's astonishing how many sonic option can be bought for not all that much money.

Started with mfx since the 1990's from Zoom, to the Boss GT-3, GT-6, GT-1, and now the GT-100 into my Peavey Bandit's power amp in and sometimes PA with PA speaker.

Back