GGD: PRS Custom 22 Special Semi-Hollow Iceberg Fade

docteurseb

NGDs are cool, but I'm going to start making "Goodbye Guitar Day" threads.
Yes it's OK to sell them too.

I'll start with this fine specimen I kept less than a month: a PRS Custom 22 Special Semi-Hollow in Iceberg Fade from @Brian G for his store's anniversary,

The only reason it took "that" long to sell it is because I started making matching backplates/tuners/TRC before I realized the Special wasn't for me...

Really great looking, feeling (very nicely rolled fingerboard edges on that one for once), and sounding guitar.

Unfortunately for me, and it seems to be a recurrent reason for parting with those, the middle pickup just happens to always be in the way when picking/strumming. I don't get that on a MEV or Strat by the way, just this one.
The TRC stayed on the guitar when I sold it, but the backplates ended up with @Tosca along with a new set of tuner buttons and TRC.

My OCD drove me to take a picture of the headstock, and print/scale it to size so I could find the best possible figure/orientation for the truss rod covers:
XwoQaBr.jpg

I made one natural and two Iceberg Fade TRCs:
jiUoMCL.jpg

FzkI41X.jpg

v2bmIUM.jpg

pEne9kn.jpg

PEVYnS1.jpg

5v1Edg2.jpg

7hJ0TrK.jpg

Last edited:
Boy oh boy would I LOVE to have that beauty!!!

That middle pickup doesn’t bother me. Hearing it once was all it took to convince me that I needed to adapt to it being there. After hearing how great it sounds s few more times, it wasn’t even that hard.

I play it regularly, so maybe it’s not fair to say this, but I can switch over from any other guitar and adjust immediately to to middle pickup placement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back