Gen II and Gen III trem, how do they differ?

normondo

With a 2002 CU24, the Gen II trem was improved upon with the Gen III. What's the difference?

Is the trem bridge on a new 2018 PRS Piezo 24 (or P24) essentially a modified Generation lll bridge? It does appears to have a little "pickup" under each string but I am hoping that it has the improvements of the newest Gen3 bridge to hold tuning.

Is the trem bridge on a new 2018 PRS Piezo 24 (or P24) essentially a modified Generation lll bridge? It does appears to have a little "pickup" under each string but I am hoping that it has the improvements of the newest Gen3 bridge to hold tuning.

Good question. I suggest to email PRS customer service on that. The pic of the Custom 22 Piezo on their site is Gen III, but their pic of the 24 is Gen II. Could just be that the pics of the 24 are still the ones from last year's model.

CU22 Piezo:
custom22_2017_photo3.jpg

CU24 Piezo:
p24_tn_photo5.jpg

I see what you mean. Why would they update the P22 and not the P24, I wonder. I just studied the bridge on a dozen brand new P24s for sale and they all have the earlier bridge like in your P24 image. My brand new 2018 custom 10-top P24 will arrive at my door on Friday and I was expecting it to have a 2018 bridge. This is the main reason that I bought a new one rather than second hand. I know the world has REAL problems and nobody feels sorry for a guy who's waiting on his new custom PRS guitar but this is a little bit disappointing. Thanks for weighing in!

Last edited:
Back