Fredrik!!!

crushpoint

The Lotus Eater
d3ac2da32459ef6b790e16312532d674.jpg

Great shot...Had never heard of them until Paul put the guitars out for their axe men. Picked up Heritage around the Experience they attended...and absolutely love it. Now I know I am an old guy, and definitely in the minority, but I picked up one of their older CDs (Black Water something??) and the music was unreal, killer tight, neat, tight timing, until the vocals...is that the same singer ????

Yes, Mikael Åkerfeldt is their singer. He does the death metal and clean vox. Their older albums have a mix of growl/clean singing. There are a couple with ALL clean vox though... Damnation, Heritage, and Pale Communion.

They are definitely my favorite band. Their talent level is off the charts.

Pale Communion is their newest. I love it. The performances on it are crazy. It's more of a rock record than Damnation... Which is very acoustic.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Fredrick's SE model is the near perfect SE. If only it were the thickness of the Tremonti model. The control layout and adjustable bridge are great. I had one, played several, but can't get past the weight of it. Heavier than most Les Pauls.

Oh yeah, already had Pale Communion...really like those three...so when did Damnation first come out??...I'd seen 2003 and 2012...kinda interesting if he went back and forth with the two vocal styles...between albums.

Damnation and Deliverance were recorded at the same time (2003). One was heavy, the other mellow.

On all of their other albums he mixes clean vox with the growls.

I've seen them live 5 times, and still can't figure out how he changes his voice so quickly and drastically.

Back