Fitness monitoring...

I bought the Apple Watch sports edition and one for my wife about a year ago. I got the cheapest model because I wasn't sure if I liked it or would use it. We are heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem though with Macbooks, iPhones, iPads and so on. After a year, I'm well outside the honeymoon period and the watch definitely gets us moving more than we would otherwise. It's not rare that we sit around watching some TV and at 7.50 both of our watches beep to remind us to get up so we both get up and do a bit of a dance. There's no chance that we would have ever done that without our watches. To me, putting that into health perspective over the lifetime of the watch, it's worth the cost of the watch right there.

Since we both liked the watches we've now also upgraded our bands to the Milanese loop and I'm thinking of getting the proper steel band as well. Other than the fitness aspect, other things that work really well is the weather notification that follows where you are, and the built-in apple apps work well. The only thing I don't really like is that 3rd party apps are not really working all that well. Sure it's cool to see a notification from Uber and some other notifications but that's pretty much it. I've seen the demos of the next version and they will be working on making things faster and more useful so that will be cool.

All in all I would buy the Apple Watch again.

Last edited:
Back