Do I really need a PRS Studio guitar?

I say wait if you aren’t smitten with either. Also if you are close to KC then you can swing by and borrow my NF3 to tryout the narrowfields to see if you like them. Good luck. I went down this road before but couldn’t find one I loved the look of.
I bought one. It is linked earlier in this thread. It has been a great guitar. It is very lively and has a great feel to it.

I say wait if you aren’t smitten with either. Also if you are close to KC then you can swing by and borrow my NF3 to tryout the narrowfields to see if you like them. Good luck. I went down this road before but couldn’t find one I loved the look of.
How different are the NFs on the NF53 compared to the Studio?

How different are the NFs on the NF53 compared to the Studio?
That is a really good question. From what I have seen there have been 3 versions of the narrowfield pickups. There was the original, then they were publicizing them with the 57/08 and now they are paired with the 58/15 LT. I don't know if they actually made any changes to the narrowfield pickups with these changes or if it was just pairing them with different humbuckers. There isn't really a lot of information out there on them.

That is a really good question. From what I have seen there have been 3 versions of the narrowfield pickups. There was the original, then they were publicizing them with the 57/08 and now they are paired with the 58/15 LT. I don't know if they actually made any changes to the narrowfield pickups with these changes or if it was just pairing them with different humbuckers. There isn't really a lot of information out there on them.
The MK and Studio ones look alike but the NF53 ones look different!

Do you want one?
Then get it
See if it works for You
If not, sell it
and chalk one up for experience

Did I NEED a Gretsch?
No
Did I get one?
Yes
Does it work for me?
Yes

Happy days
Hope that helps

I am struggling with this one. It is the first guitar that has excited me enough to consider buying one in about 5 years. I have found two that I kind of like. I am not super crazy about the finish on either of them. One is Santana Yellow and the other is Fire Red Burst. One is a wood library and the other is a 10 top core. I have called on one of them and got a discounted price on it. I will probably call on the other one today to see what they will do. These are quite expensive and I am not sure if they will really add much to my collection. I have a couple of high end HSS guitars, one I play a lot, a custom built Suhr Carved Top Standard with a one piece quilt top.

My wife has not been much help in this decision. She said she figured I was going to buy one and told me which of the two she liked better. The reasons she likes it better is she likes the strip on the top better and doesn't like how yellow the Santana yellow one is. I am also questioning if the Santana yellow is actually as yellow as it looks in the pictures. I have a 2012 Experience P22 that is Livingston Lemon drop and the guitar is nowhere near as bright yellow as the pictures looked.

Part of me is saying if I am struggling with it this much, I should hold off and see if it is something I really want. Another part is telling me that the struggle is because I haven't found the perfect guitar for me yet. I believe the deep hesitation is how much the final cost will be and if it will be something that really excites me when I get it.

Thoughts?
Yea, I know you are all enablers. I just needed to get this out there to people that understand the struggle. :)
I said it before...

You need a PRS Studio guitar...

I said it before...

You need a PRS Studio guitar...
I bought it in November. ;)

The one I got is one of the most lively guitars I own. It is honestly an amazing instrument. I have that thought every time I play it. It just feels great and rings like a bell. It has a loud and clear tone when played unplugged. Once I got the pickups dialed in it came a live through an amp too.

Back