Disable archon fx loop without footswitch

yoyoninjaboy

any way to do this? I'm borrowing the amp from a friend and i might buy it from him but i need to know if this is a model affected by the fx loop noise problem i'm seeing. It's fairly noisy (but not absurdly so) with nothing plugged in (no guitar) on clean channel low master low volume. Doesn't seem to get louder with gain. Its VERY noisy with a gmajor2 plugged into the loop. Cable between send/receive doesn't affect the sound. Assuming it's a pre fix model the noise should disappear with it off correct?

Thank you much.

Edit: Its super loud when the master/ gain is cranked i may have just not noticed before because i was playing at a more reasonable volume level earlier. Sound is same whether guitar is plugged in (Vol 0) or not

Edit2: I am unable to completely remove noise with a noise gate in the loop. (no input) This is inconsistent with my other serial loop amps.

Last edited:
Check the build date. Is it after November 2014?

It's a pain to control the loop without the footswitch because of the connector they used.

Check the build date. Is it after November 2014?

It's a pain to control the loop without the footswitch because of the connector they used.
I didn't see the mfg on the back... Thanks now I know. It says 1-14 I assume that means January 2014. Thanks at least I know I'll be needing a fix. Is it easy to do or should I have my amp guy figure it out? Friend is 3rd owner already so warranty is out of the question. I'll do some Google Foo thanks again.

No worries. IIRC the mod is described in this forum somewhere.

I think it may involve moving wires more than changing components. You might check with PRS tech support as well.

Back