Did or Does Custom 24 come with Wide Fat (as an option)?

enigma

I'd love to find a Custom 24 with a W/F neck carve . . . .

Just Pattern and Pattern Thin I believe. You'd have to get an older one for Wide Fat.

I don't think I have ever seen a WF or Pattern on a CU24.
Just Standard or Wide Thin or Pattern Regular and Pattern thin

I may have to upgrade my CE24 and CU24 Artist to a CU24 with Pattern Regular ~~~ Too bad, we can't swap necks like pickups.

It's probably as rare if not more rare than a Custom 22 with wide thin. I'm sure it's been ordered before.

(My #1 CST22 modcat states its wide thin, but I feel it's much closer to a regular)

There are a few old ones out there. One offs I assume. I remember a stoptail custom 24 that was w/f for sale on the forums and eBay a couple of years ago.

I got a custom 24 stoptail 1998 and the hang tag says wide fat. The wide fat carve wasn't offered as an option for the 24 then, but they did it. I also saw one other on eBay, and it was a stoptail also. I own a PS 24 with a pattern carve also, and to me it feels slightly chunkier near the headstock than the wide fat one. They are both awesome. I would see if your dealer could ask PRS to one off one with a pattern neck for you. PRS is getting pretty big, but they are still very cool, and may surprise you with a yes. Dude, get the artist package too!

I'd love to find a Custom 24 with a W/F neck carve . . . .

You can get it in Pattern Thin or Pattern Regular.
The Pattern Regular is supposed to be the new version of the Wide Fat (as I understand it).

I got a custom 24 stoptail 1998 and the hang tag says wide fat. The wide fat carve wasn't offered as an option for the 24 then, but they did it. I also saw one other on eBay, and it was a stoptail also. I own a PS 24 with a pattern carve also, and to me it feels slightly chunkier near the headstock than the wide fat one. They are both awesome. I would see if your dealer could ask PRS to one off one with a pattern neck for you. PRS is getting pretty big, but they are still very cool, and may surprise you with a yes. Dude, get the artist package too!

I may opt for a 2014 PE24 in Artist Package with a request for a W/F or Pattern (if Pattern is bigger than Pattern Regular) if I sell my Modern Eagle NOS ~~~ :)

As far as I know, the only 24 fretters with WF were the Artist 1s. Here's my semihollow A1:

P1060520.jpg

P1060400.jpg

Make me an offer I can't refuse. :)

As far as I know, the only 24 fretters with WF were the Artist 1s. Here's my semihollow A1:

P1060520.jpg

P1060400.jpg

Make me an offer I can't refuse. :)

That's serious cool! Love it! A few CU24s that have W/F all seem to come with a hard tail. I NEED a tremolo! Am I asking too much? :)

Back